Loki is pressing my buttons!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thank you! I know that feeding into his problem is going to make it worse but I want to make it better before I can't get him under control. I can get over the fact that he is being a brat and won't eat in the morning but the thing that gets me is why all of a sudden is he scared or shy when he was never like this before. He used to love coming to work and meeting new people and going for walks and now he just hides or runs for cover when someone comes in. I hate it because I know how he used to be. As far a separation goes he will not let me out of his site if I shut the door to go to the bathroom he cries or grunts until I come out. He has to be near me which usually I don't mind but when he is so consumed with being by me that he can't even go in the yard to potty for 5 mins without running back up to the door to make sure that I didn't leave is what gets me. We haven’t left him other then work for over a year now. He does have a radio on during the day to give him something to listen to. Luckily he hasn't torn up the place in quite a long time and we recently started giving him kong toys with treats to play with during the day but same with the food it is still there when I get home and he is still laying in front of the door waiting for someone when I get back. He is also very noise shy and thumps or random noises he get this sheer look of panic on his face and shakes until we tell him it is ok. I know that he hasn’t been sleeping that well because of the aforementioned problems which I am sure is also feeding into this whole mess. I just want to make him the happy loveable Loki that everyone knows again Sorry if I am rambling I am just at a loss with this situation.

I always consider bullies to be almost like toddlers .. it is possible he is going through a "stranger danger" stage. My first action, if I were you, is to stop the waiting around to see if he eats in the morning. He's already worked out that that works and he has you for longer so that has to go immeidately. As I said, it's not going to harm him to not eat in the morning. Once he realises that it is not going to work anymore you may find out that he suddenly decides to eat.

As for not letting you out of his sight. That's not unusual. I might as well ductape Linus to my leg because he's usually 2" away from me when I'm home. And I kissed goodbye at ever being able to go to the bathroom on my own a LOOOOOOOOOnnngg time ago!!! I don't even attempt to close the door anymore, because I have at least 5 or 6 dogs in there with me every time!!

I also wouldn't be so sure that he hasn't left the door since you left. I mean it's possible but I would say more likely that he either went off and slept somewhere and heard you come home so he took the position before you got the key in the lock. Or he was flat out snoring in front of the door the whole time you were gone.

I just think that you need to start to think postive thoughts and vibes and act in that way. He will pick up on it and react accordingly. That is your first step in my mind.

Now IF there is a serious problem then you would need to approach a behaviourist, but personally I think you're a long way off that for now!! :up:

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I always consider bullies to be almost like toddlers .. it is possible he is going through a "stranger danger" stage. My first action, if I were you, is to stop the waiting around to see if he eats in the morning. He's already worked out that that works and he has you for longer so that has to go immeidately. As I said, it's not going to harm him to not eat in the morning. Once he realises that it is not going to work anymore you may find out that he suddenly decides to eat.

As for not letting you out of his sight. That's not unusual. I might as well ductape Linus to my leg because he's usually 2" away from me when I'm home. And I kissed goodbye at ever being able to go to the bathroom on my own a LOOOOOOOOOnnngg time ago!!! I don't even attempt to close the door anymore, because I have at least 5 or 6 dogs in there with me every time!!

I also wouldn't be so sure that he hasn't left the door since you left. I mean it's possible but I would say more likely that he either went off and slept somewhere and heard you come home so he took the position before you got the key in the lock. Or he was flat out snoring in front of the door the whole time you were gone.

I just think that you need to start to think postive thoughts and vibes and act in that way. He will pick up on it and react accordingly. That is your first step in my mind.

Now IF there is a serious problem then you would need to approach a behaviourist, but personally I think you're a long way off that for now!! :up:

Everything you said made me take a sigh of relief:whew: I realize I need to remember to act the same way that we did before whatever that was happened. It would make him and I feel much better. I haven't taken a shower without his face watching since April 2012 so me testing him and closing the bathroom door really isn't going to do either of us any good :tongue: Thank you again

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Everything you said made me take a sigh of relief:whew: I realize I need to remember to act the same way that we did before whatever that was happened. It would make him and I feel much better. I haven't taken a shower without his face watching since April 2012 so me testing him and closing the bathroom door really isn't going to do either of us any good :tongue: Thank you again

What happened to him .. you mentioned an "episode" .. was it head tremors??

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
What happened to him .. you mentioned an "episode" .. was it head tremors??
I copies the original post it was titled Loki had a rough night
So Loki came to work with me yesterday he was completely fine, he didn't take his normal naps but that happens when there are a lot of people in here. On the way home I could tell that he was really tired so when we got home we did our business and I left him to go to the family garden and help my aunt. When I came home about 3 hours later something happened. I walked in the door like normal and he was sleeping in his "house" with the door open I asked him why he wasn't coming to say hi, which is very out of the ordinary for him, he got up and came out of his house but he looked very scared and almost confused then I noticed his head was shaking but the rest of his body was fine, he sound like he was having a hard time catching his breath, I felt his throat and stuck my hand in his mouth to see if there was something in there but found nothing. The then locked up his shoulder and laid down slowly but weird and continued to shake head and now his legs, he never lost eye contacts with me, (I was trying to stay calm for him but was in sheer panic mode I called the neighbors and had them come over) by the time they got there he was done shaking but he stood up and tried to hide inside of me and he peed all over me ( Loki has never peed in the house ever!) Then after he was done peeing he was totally normal like nothing happened he went and drank water, ate, went out and pooped. This whole ordeal lasted all of maybe 45 seconds to a minute but it felt like forever. He didn't get into anything and he hasn't had benedryl for over a 2 weeks now, he did have his health check up and everything was fine he was given his heartguard but that was I think 2 weeks ago.
I watched and read so much last night and it seems like it might have been a head tremor or a seizure I am not sure. I called the vet this morning and recounted the ordeal to her and she said at this point there is not much we can do other then take a look at him. He did come with me to work today and he has been very tired but playful when he needs to be and he slept really well last night. Sorry if I am all over the place or left something out:nope:
Any ideas what the hell happened to our little boy?

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Also I did see him get scared stiff last night when one of the neighbor kids screamed I think he just got overly excited and scared not to mention a lack of sleep. It is in our minds the only thing that makes sense

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
20130808_195154.jpg
Ill try and post more pictures tomorrow but so far he loves it!

Last edited:
OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans

Members online

No members online now.