The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
And quite honestly, it's a good thing you didn't have the camera, because I'm pretty sure your wife might have killed you if you were taking pictures during this terrifying event! :ohmy:
You are probably right. It still would have been a good pic though. :scared:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah it was bad for her funny for me as I actually like snakes. Everyone is good and the snake is gone. Several years about we woke up in the middle of the night as one of our cats was going bonkers. When we turned the light on we found out he was playing with a little garden snake in our bedroom. Hilarity did not ensue with that one.

In your bedroom? !!!! Your poor wife! I would have loved to see her face on the patio. Boy oh boy that's a scare.

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Oh lordy - I had this same reaction when Remi was going over bumble bees on the ground. Yours is a tad more dangerous, :ashamed: but I was thinking, with my luck, Remi would have an allergic reaction and keel over!

Not really, the bumble bees are far more dangerous than a little king snake. I understand people's fears but I'm with Todd, we also like snakes.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Oh god! That had to be horrible for your wife! Her being scared for herself and Harlea!!! I couldnt imagine. So creepy... But in Harleas defense Im pretty sure snakes smell good to her.. lol Daisy tries to eat the lil ones in our yard all the time!!! So glad no one got hurt... :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Scary indeed! We get a few baby snakes here too in our backyard. Don't usually see them. Three summers ago we were at the lake, might have been four summers, and Ace & Orion were about 15/20 feet ahead of me. Before I knew it, they were each on one side of a rattle snake and it was in striking position. Luckily both boys followed my commands and when I yelled at them to come, they came instantly. I can't believe neither were bit. It was freckin' nerve racking! I can imagine your wife's horror. :bigeyes:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Luckily it wasn't a venomous kind. I like snakes. I actually had a ball python as a pet for several years. I named him Verdi. He was very sweet...unless you were a mouse. But I would have def been worried if Brie came up on a snake w out knowing what it was first! These bullies have no fear and are relentless which is not always a good thing!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
To be honest i would have been more worried if it was the Savannah Monitor that i used to own that we called Dweeb. By the time I gave him away he was almost 4 feet long and feeding time was not a pleasant thing to watch as his diet consisted of large rats and he would crawl up in your lap just like a puppy.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
OMG. I would have freaked out too and Harlea just thought she had a new friend to play with..LOL. My husband found a black snake in our backyard last week and I told him to pack everything up and call a realtor cause we are moving. I don't do snakes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.