Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
When my boxer died -my 5 year old explained things this way "when doggies are good God take them to heaven faster as they deserved to be there .And people are sometimes naughty so they live as long as they have to so They can earn being good stars and then God takes them"
I see a lot of sense here ....i wish our babies stay with us a little bit longer xxx

Out of the mouth of babes, no wonder Jesus says to be like the little children!

What a wise 'old soul' your son is, such a great tribute to your mothering gifts, Pati.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Thanks Joel -- it's a sad topic, but by introducing it, you elicited some of the most eloquent expressions of love for our bullies and gave us all something to think about...not that our bullies may leave us too soon, but that we have been blessed with wonderful friends who give so much love and can teach us so much about love...and in the end...that's the whole point. :angelheart:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Joel -- it's a sad topic, but by introducing it, you elicited some of the most eloquent expressions of love for our bullies and gave us all something to think about...not that our bullies may leave us too soon, but that we have been blessed with wonderful friends who give so much love and can teach us so much about love...and in the end...that's the whole point. :angelheart:

Xactly. :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
As you know, my Abby was one of the babies taken far too soon. She was just one day shy of 13 months old when she left us.

Only last night I was talking about her in a pm here on EBN. This what I said...

She was my baby and I do, I miss her something awful. But I know that she is still with me. Sitting right out there on my front porch, chasing blue bikes with springs on the seat. She is happy and she is whole and she is out there waiting for me :)

Every day of her all to short life was a gift, a gift I was blessed to have been given. The lessons that sweet girl taught me about love and life would take all day to list. And my life is better because she was in it. As hard as it was to say goodbye, as hard as it is living without her, I would rather have loved and lost her then to have never known her at all.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
When my boxer died -my 5 year old explained things this way "when doggies are good God take them to heaven faster as they deserved to be there .And people are sometimes naughty so they live as long as they have to so They can earn being good stars and then God takes them"
I see a lot of sense here ....i wish our babies stay with us a little bit longer xxx
[MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION]... I just LOVE this... Kids seem to understand death a lot better than we do!!!

As most of you know, I have lost 2 bullies this year. I believe that all living creatures are here on this earth to do a job, and when that job is done it's time for them to go home. It's not up to me to question God's timing, or the why's or how's... Somewhere there is a lesson & my job is to figure out what that is. With great love comes greater loss, but we are always better human beings for it... :heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As you know, my Abby was one of the babies taken far too soon. She was just one day shy of 13 months old when she left us.

Only last night I was talking about her in a pm here on EBN. This what I said...

She was my baby and I do, I miss her something awful. But I know that she is still with me. Sitting right out there on my front porch, chasing blue bikes with springs on the seat. She is happy and she is whole and she is out there waiting for me :)

Every day of her all to short life was a gift, a gift I was blessed to have been given. The lessons that sweet girl taught me about love and life would take all day to list. And my life is better because she was in it. As hard as it was to say goodbye, as hard as it is living without her, I would rather have loved and lost her then to have never known her at all.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

:angelheart:

OP
Joelgreen11

Joelgreen11

Aug 1, 2013
Akron Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I believe that when Tank someday crosses that rainbow bridge he will make god crack up like he does me every night cause he's doing crazy things. Friends of mine have a EB that just turned 13 and I talked to them today and asked what the secret was and there EB was given to them 10 years ago by a friend that was moving. They never had the money to feed him expensive food and such but made sure that vet check ups happen. I wouldn't say he acts 3 but he's not in bad shape at all.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
What a cruel joke this life of bulldog love is. Everyone here; for one reason or another, and through all manner of circumstances have gravitated to these beautiful beasts. The amount of love we give and receive from our dogs is so magnanimous that we couldn't gauge it if we tried. This is a serious connection on such a deep level that it transcends being just another "dog owner". Don't get me wrong. I know these strong bonds people have with their dogs are not exclusive to the bulldog. But I'll be damned if we aren't the craziest, most dedicated gluttons for punishment walking the earth. Just think about it. We give our hearts to these angels knowing fully well that they have short lives. The concept seams almost masochistic. But I drank kool-aid too and I'm in it for the long haul. .

But since the day I discovered the memorial part of this forum I checked almost daily. And I get misty eyed for every entry cause I know my number is that hat. Might be 10 years away or tomorrow morning but every day I write that memorial in my mind. Every day I think about how much I'll miss him and what part of me would go with him. No dogs could replace him. I think about what I would apologize to him for and what I would thank him for. It's no way to go about life. Should just enjoy the beautiful now and deal with the ugly when it shows. Is a few years of intense love worth a lifetime of sorrow?
I think so. To have known that I could even care about anything this much made it worth it.

OP
Joelgreen11

Joelgreen11

Aug 1, 2013
Akron Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
What a cruel joke this life of bulldog love is. Everyone here; for one reason or another, and through all manner of circumstances have gravitated to these beautiful beasts. The amount of love we give and receive from our dogs is so magnanimous that we couldn't gauge it if we tried. This is a serious connection on such a deep level that it transcends being just another "dog owner". Don't get me wrong. I know these strong bonds people have with their dogs are not exclusive to the bulldog. But I'll be damned if we aren't the craziest, most dedicated gluttons for punishment walking the earth. Just think about it. We give our hearts to these angels knowing fully well that they have short lives. The concept seams almost masochistic. But I drank kool-aid too and I'm in it for the long haul. .

But since the day I discovered the memorial part of this forum I checked almost daily. And I get misty eyed for every entry cause I know my number is that hat. Might be 10 years away or tomorrow morning but every day I write that memorial in my mind. Every day I think about how much I'll miss him and what part of me would go with him. No dogs could replace him. I think about what I would apologize to him for and what I would thank him for. It's no way to go about life. Should just enjoy the beautiful now and deal with the ugly when it shows. Is a few years of intense love worth a lifetime of sorrow?
I think so. To have known that I could even care about anything this much made it worth it.

Amen to that :-)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.