Sad to think about :-(

Joelgreen11

Aug 1, 2013
Akron Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I had some time tonight and was looking through some of the old post. It sad to see all the post about people on here losing there bullies and some that where so young. My tank turned 2 in feb and as I was reading them it was hard not to think that if im lucky I will only have 5 or 6 more years with him. Why cant this wonderful breed that we call our kids live to be as old as a lot of other breeds????? I feel so bad for the people that lost theres and I hope my Tank is around for many years to come. Enjoy every minute

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
Thoughts I've been having lately... I saw on the news someone survived something or other, and the reporter says " The person is lucky to be alive." Aren't we all lucky to be alive?? It's not the dates of birth and death that mean anything, it's the dash between them that means everything. We are planning a vacation to get our 8 yo bully her 18 thru 22nd states.. She'll have been all over the East Coast from Maine down to Georgia, only missing Florida by 20 miles..Been to Lambeau Field.... In a cab to the Navy Pier in Chicago..Up a tram in VT to the top of Jay's Peak.. Across Lake Champlain on a ferry.. She's on a B&B's website.. The smiles she's brought to so many people's faces is priceless.. She's had TPLO surgery,so we got her a stroller so she can still travel... She's had eye surgeries... The food allergies have been horrific.. But, every day is a blessing..

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I had some time tonight and was looking through some of the old post. It sad to see all the post about people on here losing there bullies and some that where so young. My tank turned 2 in feb and as I was reading them it was hard not to think that if im lucky I will only have 5 or 6 more years with him. Why cant this wonderful breed that we call our kids live to be as old as a lot of other breeds????? I feel so bad for the people that lost theres and I hope my Tank is around for many years to come. Enjoy every minute

Because they are unique and because they are angels sent to us to teach us LOVE. But because of that we only get a little time, because TRUE Love is VERY hard to come by.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah that's definitely the only drawback of the bully breed, that they don't live long enough, due to their many health issues, and just the design of their bodies. That's why I think God made thm extra special in every other way, he made them so cute, right from their wrinkly pushed in little faces, and their funny teeth, to the way they always look like their smiling, he gave them big ole bully hearts, full of gentleness, and love, loyalty, and cuddleness. They may not be able to run forever, or play too hard, but they make it up in cuddle time, and unconditional love. The thing we can give them in return is to give them the best care possible, with good quality food, vet care, and extra precautions that come with owning a bully. We can love them back unconditionally, and enjoy every minute of these beautiful animals for as long as we are allowed to, and I agree with the statement by Phil that they are angels put on this earth for us to enjoy and take care of.

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
It's always hard when one one of us lose our best friend. Our bullies lives such short lives overall. It has been especially hard with so many bullies here crossing over the the bridge recently. :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It is sad, Joel, they are so incredible we wish they could live forever!

Many of the EBNers have lost bullies that were puppy mill dogs, or rescues &
adoptees that probably didn't get good nutrition or enough food, came from
bad breeding...who knows their histories so therefore came with lots of health.

Getting a bully from ethical breeding, feeding a healthy food (no grains) and MEAT
based, strengthing the immune system, keeping the bully free of pests & parasites
keeping the bully at a healthy weight w/appropriate exercise and keeping them
cool in hot weather, warm in cold weather (therefore indoors) does wonders!

Many here have bullies healthy into 13/14 years, so it is possible!

GOD bless you & yours & Tank with the same, my friend...so glad you joined us.

Lisa Marie Mayer

Feb 20, 2013
michigan
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
lord igor (aka iggy pup), bones and blue
i like to think i will never lose mine. instead i gain every day i spend with him. to focus on an inevitable loss is to not live each day.

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus

I always get sad when I read about losses too, but I refuse to let it ruin my days with my Bocephus. Bo saved me during the darkest time in my life, shortly after my mom suddenly passed in 2010. He filled this achy hole that was eating at me 24/7. I can never repay his devotion and unconditional love. Sometimes I can't help but think that there lives are cut short bc they really do 'get it right' naturally, whereas it takes us a long time to do right by others everytime/all the time. The world has a lot to learn from these fierce little lovers. If only we could love each other so intensely and unconditionally without prejudice, what a wonderful world that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
It is sad to think about, I wish they would live 20+ years!! But my most recent rescue that we adopted in January, Princess, is 10 and does not act her age at all! On top of her age, she is also going through Heartworm treatment which really takes a toll on dogs because it's so serious, she has been doing her treatment for the past 2 months and she's taking it like a champ!! It was a risk adopting such an old bulldog only to find out she has heartworm, but after seeing how strong she is and still continues to act like a 3 year old dog I have hope that she will be around for many more years....there is always hope! As sad as their life spans are, we have to try not to dwell on it; especially since our babies can live to see the double digits, Princess is living proof of that! :)

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Because they are unique and because they are angels sent to us to teach us LOVE. But because of that we only get a little time, because TRUE Love is VERY hard to come by.

Well said. I actually have nightmares of something happening to my boys and wake up at night just to make sure they are ok. I never had dogs growing up and never knew what unconditional love was until my lab Guinness and now my Fergus IMG_0334.jpgIMG_0042.jpg

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
When my boxer died -my 5 year old explained things this way "when doggies are good God take them to heaven faster as they deserved to be there .And people are sometimes naughty so they live as long as they have to so They can earn being good stars and then God takes them"
I see a lot of sense here ....i wish our babies stay with us a little bit longer xxx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online