brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok so I will start by saying I have had many dogs (never a bulldog though) cats, fish, turtles, etc. I am an animal lover. I have never had such a wealth of love for any other pet I have had like I feel for Brutus. Does everyone else feel like this too? I love to take him everywhere with me and just get so much enjoyment out of his little face. Please tell me if this is normal for when one is owned by a bulldog.:anyone:

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Oh yes, my friend, oh yes! They just wiggle their way into our hearts. I really thought I couldn't love another dog as much as I loved my beloved boxer, but Mona (EB) has changed that. I love her just as much as I loved my boxer. You're in the right place here, we ALL understand that crazy love.:-)

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thank god! I thought I was going crazy. This really is the best site.

BullDogGunner

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Ok so I will start by saying I have had many dogs (never a bulldog though) cats, fish, turtles, etc. I am an animal lover. I have never had such a wealth of love for any other pet I have had like I feel for Brutus. Does everyone else feel like this too? I love to take him everywhere with me and just get so much enjoyment out of his little face. Please tell me if this is normal for when one is owned by a bulldog.:anyone:

Ditto here. I have had many animals, horses, cows, pigs, and all kinds of domestics... I raised Old English Mastiffs for 20 years. NEVER have I felt like this with my bulldog. He is simply something else...

You're not alone, but I wouldn't say we are very sane. LOL

MommaLovesDEXTER

Jan 3, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Oh no trust your not alone. Dexter was my first bulldog. I am still head over hills we all are at home. The kids fight to snuggle with him and my husband was not a dog person and now he calls himself his poppa. They are just the little characters that fulfill your heart with joy. It is true what they say "you don't own a bulldog, A bulldog owns you". :) Plus Brutus is so precious looking <3

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I'm an all around animal lover and have had pets all my life, but I agree. I have NEVER loved anything like I love my Ruthie. She's my pal.

welchmd

Aug 28, 2012
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ally
I feel the same way. I've had many very special and beloved pets. I consider myself lucky for that but Ally is different. If I could take her everywhere with me I would. She makes everyday better and I'd do anything for her. I also foster English bulldogs and I don't understand how anyone could treat them badly or abandon them.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hello Rosalie and welcome to you & Brutus.

My 1st bully (adopted at 4 y/o) was a Brutus, sadly I only had him for 7 months
but knowing it now, I'd do it all over again, he was bully perfection and we fell
in love so deeply.

I knew I'd get another bully and a bully that needed me...and a home.

GOD had blessed me with finding EBN (out of all the bully sites, I joined here) and
losing Brutus so soon broke everyones heart on here (as it still does when any lose
a bully) and so
@Davidh helped me find Cami, whose family couldn't keep her.

Cami is a 5 y/o retired breeder and is more reserved than Brutus was but then, she
was missing her 5 y/o boy and also a younger, bully brother. She's finally given me
her heart and we are glued together, lol

I've had lots of dogs, cats, horses and an assortment of other animals all my life.

There IS something about bullies that get into our hearts so very deeply, I really can't
explain it...maybe because they are so soulful? They are just different from my other
dog breeds (whom I loved very much too) and were very great dogs. Bullies bond with
you in a very personal way...it's hard to think about being without one ever again.

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana

You are not crazy (except for your bulldog) and we all have the same problem but use extreme caution because they become a addiction..lol They as bad as a chip you cant have just one lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They do have their way of taking out hearts. They are just so loving and fun to have around, they are little clowns, as so are Frenchies.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Oh you are NOT alone...or crazy. I had miniature schnauzers growing up as a kid and I thought I loved them (and I really did), but that was nothing compared to Dudley. We had a boxer we absolutely adored when I was growing up...but nothing compared to Dudley. My whole neighborhood loves him. They have the most amazing personalities -- each one is different and so special. I waiting 25 years for the bulldog I always wanted and I can't imagine how I lived so long without him. I fell in love with him the second my boyfriend handed him to me...he got in the door before I did...and I will ALWAYS love him....now and when he's crossed the rainbow bridge. They are just special, special dogs. You are in great company -- I think everyone here feels exactly the same way!:angelheart:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I love all of my amimals but there is definately something special between me and my little megalodon Harlea. She is the first pup that I have had that lays down next to me to chew on her bone and to give me looks when she wants me to scratch someplace she can't reach. However, she is more of a mommas girl right now because she is with her much more than me but thay is ok as I still get snuggles and kisses every day.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
We are the same way everyone says he is just a dog. Wrong! He is more like a child to us. I cried the first night he was away from us. The amount of personality they have is amazing and caring holy cow he loves his mommy and daddy like no other dog has loved before.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] ..... I could not agree more. If my babies are not weleomed to go withme, then I do not go. The love of a Bulldog is like nothing else on earth -- can't really be explained

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.