Belly Rash

bscarpenter

Mar 2, 2011
I went to give Meatball her belly rub this morning and saw this rash. Is there anything that I should be putting on this or do I need to take her to the vet? I would like to avoid the cost of the vet if possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cgosms_2013-08-0711-25-39.jpg

wvlady1965

Mar 28, 2013
West Virginia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
JDAM (deceased) and Legend and Harley
My bully gets that,,,my vet said it's just in the folds where it doesn't get air. Just to put powder in stomach fold.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea gets a rash on her belly from time to time right after the grass has been cut. We usually clean it up and spray a bit a chlorohexidine solution or a bit of Hibiclense (has chlorohexidine in it) on it for a day or two and it is gone. Do you know what caused the rash or is this an out of the blue thing? Has anything changed with his diet or anything new given as a treat or anything?

sunnyrn36

Mar 19, 2013
Waveland, Mississippi, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rube
rube allergic to grass well a lot of stuff and we deal with little rashes frequently. If you do not have chlorohexidine then just pat with cool damp clean cloth and pat dry with clean dry cloth and apply lil triple antibiotic ointment or even lil protective cream like zinc oxide ( diaper rash cream) and see how it looks later today. I have found that if i get the generic brands of antibiotic cream and zinc oxide etc they usually don't have the added scent etc. maybe even a lil benadryl by mouth if it itching

OP
B

bscarpenter

Mar 2, 2011
Nothing has changed with food or environment that I know of. That doesn't mean she didn't get into something in the yard that I'm not aware of. I did take her for a rare dip in the pool Saturday. It doesn't seem to bother her. I just noticed it when I went in for the belly rub. I'll try some antibiotic ointment tonight.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Nothing has changed with food or environment that I know of. That doesn't mean she didn't get into something in the yard that I'm not aware of. I did take her for a rare dip in the pool Saturday. It doesn't seem to bother her. I just noticed it when I went in for the belly rub. I'll try some antibiotic ointment tonight.
How long after the dip in the pool did it come up? Some bullies are allergic to chlorine which could have caused it as well. If you have a saltwater pool then ignore my comment. :)

OP
B

bscarpenter

Mar 2, 2011
How long after the dip in the pool did it come up? Some bullies are allergic to chlorine which could have caused it as well. If you have a saltwater pool then ignore my comment. :)
She went for a swim on Sat and I did not notice this until this a.m. I will admit that I have been remise with belly rubs and may not have noticed it.

OP
B

bscarpenter

Mar 2, 2011
I put A&D ointment on the rash last night. This morning is was "gunky" we cleaned it with a moist towel and applied more ointment. We'll see how it is this evening.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use Gold bond powder.... clears it right up

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.