Too happy for words!

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Not sure where to share this but I had to share it! I've had Maggie for two months and I have never seen her play or rough house or show any form of excitement. I had just come to terms with the fact that she probably just wasn't a very excitable dog. Which was totally fine, she's been through a lot in her 4 years I probably wouldn't either.

Well tonight I brought home a crate, I thought it would be a battle to get her in. It wasn't. She jumped right in and fell asleep. I've been sitting in my bed on the computer for a while and all the sudden she gets up and out of her new crate and starts pawing at me as if to get my attention. I figure she just wants a back scratch so I get on the floor with her to give her a good scratch, but itnstead of sitting with her back turned as usual she jumped on me! I laughed and started jumping around and she just chased me and chased me and ran around the living room almost laughing. We wrestled and played for 30 minutes. I have NEVER seen her do this. With anything. I am SO HAPPY to see her happy I just had to tell the world! I'm not sure if she was just so excited about her new crate or she's just finally getting comfortable and the crate was just a coincidence. But who cares! Maggie likes to play!:dance3::happydance:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is great, maybe she had a crate where she lived before and she was used to sleeping in the crate or just she loves her Mumma and wants to play.:)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
It's sure an adventure figuring out what makes these babies happy. But it feels so good when you do. Congrats!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That is good to hear. Maybe she did have a crate where she used to be.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
That's funny, such a happy post glad you shared:). Hopefully it is the start of New Experiences for you and Maggie.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks for sharing!!! I'm so glad she seems to LOVE her cave... LOL :D

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Sounds like the crate was maybe a big part of her past and she likes having it back :) happy for you both!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Awww, so glad you are both happy! Thank you for sharing that great experience!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww too cute, thanks for sharing your story, made me smile. Like others have said she may have had a crate before, and she likes it, or she's starting to love and trust you, and she was showing you, kind of like coming out of her shell. As time goes on, she'll have more happy experiences with you.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Maybe she had a crate and wanted to say "Thanks so much for getting me this...I love you too!"

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
That's great! Thanks for sharing the story and bringing a smile to my face :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online