Swollen red sack after neuter

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
you and tubby are in my thoughts and prayers......hope it turns out to be nothing :)

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
@TubbysMom...you got more prayers coming your way, Stephanie.

I'm so sorry that these problems (and others) have caused these worries
and problems...you are just worn out and we all would be!

I think he may be allergic to theses sutures material, they have other material
to use then. Apply some antibiotic ointment to it, give him 2 Benedryl and it's
good he's eating/pooing/drinking well.

I will send other suggestions to improve his immune system & clear that bacterial
stuff from his skin, I keep losing my posts all night (losing Internet off n on).

Going to be praying right now...sending YOU...love, courage, strength & comfort.

YOU are a great mom...don't listen or give in to negativity, you've almost won the
fight...keep the faith, fight the good fight & claim your victory. It's going to be alright!

GOD bless all.

Oh thank you this was exactly what I needed. :hug:

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
@TubbysMom dont panic.. the exact same thing happened to Meeko when he had his surgery im just searching if I still have pics. I rushed him straight back to the vets panicking thinking what the hell have I done. I cant remember the technical term for it but its where theyr still young pups and its hard for them to stay still it causes stress to the wound. And if tubbs is anythin like Meeko who refused to lay down quiet and wanted to act normal then im positive thats the answer.. and it will get a bit worse before it gets better. But please dont panic!! Calm down I know how worrying it is

View attachment 51349 first it swell huuuuge and bruised a bit... then the next day I woke up to this and literally cries for him and rang the vets demanding an appointment within the hour lol
View attachment 51350

I am sorry you guys went through this with Meeko but what a relief to see this! I thought the same thing I pushed for the neuter and then this happened. Tubby was the same way. Instructions were no jumping, playing or running. And what did he want to do all day? jump, run and play.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
[MENTION=7831]TubbysMom[/MENTION] you are not a failure! You are a fabulous bully mom and Tubby is so lucky to have you! Things will settle and you guys will just be able to enjoy. I understand, as I'm sure everyone else does too, about the expenses. We have had Brie for 6 months and have spent well over $8500, if not more. I hope Tubby feels better and your stress is lessened soon.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
You hang in there...you are a great bully mommy and Tubby loves you bunches. I have nothing to offer in terms of real information...just our support and prayers, :pray:and bullie kisses from Dudley!

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
You hang in there...you are a great bully mommy and Tubby loves you bunches. I have nothing to offer in terms of real information...just our support and prayers, :pray:and bullie kisses from Dudley!

I will definitely take Dudley's kisses :blush: thank you for the support

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
One of my pups families had this happen but his got HUGE, red and swollen.... He had to get a drain tube for the infection and antibiotics. His was far far far worse but it did happen within a few days post op.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking on you & Tubby today...let us know when you can...much love sent. :heartsign:
​Prayers all night over all y'all and will continue.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7831]TubbysMom[/MENTION] Did you take him in to the vet?

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
@TubbysMom Did you take him in to the vet?

He is at the vet for the day. He went to get bathed. When I go to pick him up I have an appointment with the vet. So I am on pins and needles at work. I will update you all in about 2 years

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He is at the vet for the day. He went to get bathed. When I go to pick him up I have an appointment with the vet. So I am on pins and needles at work. I will update you all in about 2 years
2 YEARS!!!! I cant wait that long I love Tubby!!!!!

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Checking on you & Tubby today...let us know when you can...much love sent. :heartsign:
​Prayers all night over all y'all and will continue.

Thank you so much Carol :hug:. I feel like I woke up lighter this morning. He is at the vet today so i will be picking him up in 1 hour and 45 minutes. So an update is on its way

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

It's all going to be ok. I promise.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If you've got Carol behind you then that means there are 1,000,000,000 angels watching over Tubbs :D:D

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon

Well two years from now hardly sounds like a fair time frame for us to wait........wishing the best for Tubby

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.