One week update for Loki

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
:) Let me start off by saying that we are back in business and back to normal. We have had no issues since last weeks episode!!!!:clap2: He came to work with me Tuesday- Friday last week and I was home with him all weekend, it wasn't until Sunday when we left him for the first time and it was only to go to lunch with Sean's family. We came home to find him waiting patiently for us by the front door. I was so anxious that he was going to be ok that the drive home seemed like it took forever. We did make quite a few changes in hope that whatever that was never happens again! We started by moving his house to the railing so he can see the door where we come in at, we put a doggie bed down by the front door so if he is waiting for us down there he doesn't have to lay on the cold tile, we started leaving him a 1/2 cup of food to eat if he decides that he is hungry (which twice now he has waited to eat till I got home), he has always had a radio on but we turned it down so that he can hear us or the garage door when we come in so he doesn't get startled and I made him a pillow pyramid so he can look out the window from the couch to see us when we pull in. Yesterday was the first full day home alone and he was perfectly fine when I came in all the anxiousness driving home was really for nothing at the end of the day. That 45 seconds to a minute that the episode lasted really messed with me and apparently still does especially since we still don't know what "it" was. Tomorrow will be his first long day home alone so fingers and paws crossed that all our precautions help him to be more comfortable at home work:pray:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
YOU are a good MOM Nicole!!!! I hope he never has another time like that again. :no:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Great job mama hopefully it will never happen again. Loki does remind me of Fergus. Their facial marking is almost the same. :yes: Sooooo cute.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Thank you everyone the anxiousness is still there but hopefully after our first full day away from each other it will diminish I hope because thismomma is turning into a worry wart over silly beans :tongue:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It's not silly to us either, Nicole. Something triggered that terrible, scary episode,
hopefully it will never happen again but not knowing what caused it...sucks.

You have been traumatized, as we all would be, be loving & kind to yourself as you
would be to a friend. The things you've done for Loki to be comfortable & feel safe
really touch my heart...you're a GREAT MOM! Keeping y'all in prayer, GOD bless.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
It's not silly to us either, Nicole. Something triggered that terrible, scary episode,
hopefully it will never happen again but not knowing what caused it...sucks.

You have been traumatized, as we all would be, be loving & kind to yourself as you
would be to a friend. The things you've done for Loki to be comfortable & feel safe
really touch my heart...you're a GREAT MOM! Keeping y'all in prayer, GOD bless.
Thank you Carol! I still think I really scared him out of a deep sleep that is what makes me feel better anyways lol

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you Carol! I still think I really scared him out of a deep sleep that is what makes me feel better anyways lol

​I get that same feeling too, am thinking low blood sugar that particular day may have contributed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So... how was the first full day?

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
It went good! He was waiting at the front door when I got home happy as can be no signs that anything happened when I was gone so that is a plus!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.