is she overweight?

booba

Mar 12, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
booba
my Booba is about eight month old, she is eating two scoops a day of Blue buffalo, and little things here and there,. Last time I scaled her she was 60 pounds, DSC_0746.jpgDSC_0764.jpgDSC_0785.jpgshe looks good to me but wanted to ask if it means she is overweight. Also should I feed her grain free foods?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I don't see an immediate concern. My bulldog who just passed was a big, beautiful 78 pounds at full size and weighed around 60 pounds at 8 months. Now, he was a male, so they are larger but you want to see a taper around your bully's waist and no belly. It's really key to make sure she is staying fit because, with all the problems these babies tend to have, extra weight exacerbates all of them.

I feed my bullies grain free and I think it's a great option to control allergies and keep them trim.

I love her name (we called my first bully Booba by nickname though his real name was Bentely), and she's just a beautiful girl!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She's amazing!!! :luv:

Unfortunately these photos cannot give a clear statement on her weight. Best to take a photo looking down at her. Basically one of her back.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Love her name! She is beautiful, but I could be a bit prejudiced because she looks like my Dudley -- very similar coloring. Now the mighty Duds is 80 lbs at 2 1/2. His father was big like that too. His mother was only about 55 lbs. I'd like to get Dudley down about 5 pounds...although he does have a waist...and a truly massive chest and HUGE, huge paws. We call him Mr. Fat Paws because his feet are so big. That was the big thing that got us when he was a baby -- the size of his paws. Love Booba -- she's a beauty!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I dont think shes overweight at all. Just a knock out Beauty!! Wow !! :luv:

HoochsMom

May 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
As everyone else has said, she is a beautiful little girl!!! My bully, Hooch, is about 2 /2 also. He weighs about 67 pounds. My vet tells me the same thing that another post stated. If you can look down from above them and they have a taper at the waist, they are probably not overweight. I love the pics of her!!! She is precious!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... sheis beautiful!! Can you get a picture from above.. looking down at her back? that will give better indication if she is needig to cut back on food or if she is good to go

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
She is a beauty! I think it depends on build. Brie is almost 8 mos and weighs 36 pounds. But, she has a smaller build. A pic from above would show if she is.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hard to tell from those beautiful pics but he looks good to me. Wilson's 60 lbs too but he's 2.5 years now. He settled in at 60 about a year ago.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Too hard to know, not being able to see her whole body. They should have a tuck at the waistline. If you can feel the ribs she is ok, you don't wanna see them tho of course. She sure is beautiful!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
my Booba is about eight month old, she is eating two scoops a day of Blue buffalo, and little things here and there,. Last time I scaled her she was 60 pounds, View attachment 51083View attachment 51084View attachment 51085she looks good to me but wanted to ask if it means she is overweight. Also should I feed her grain free foods?

Wow that is an amazing bulldog! If she is not having problems with her current food stick with what is working. If she develops problems later on then yes. Every time you switch foods you risk having an allergy to an ingredient in that new food. She seems to be doing great with the Blue Buffalo.

OP
B

booba

Mar 12, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
booba
thank you all very much :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.