mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Thanks for sharing your story! It is always nice to hear about kind and compassionate people in life instead of the negative!

wvlady1965

Mar 28, 2013
West Virginia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
JDAM (deceased) and Legend and Harley
What a wonderful tribute to your Linus and your amazing vet. I have had good relations with our vet to and that means so much. I too will be losing my dear bully JDAM this week. She was diagnosed with agressive bone cancer. When my vet told us the outcome of the xrays, she had tears in her eyes right along with us. It's so wonderful to have a vet that understands. We haven't laid JDAM to rest yet....but it will happen in a few days. God bless your Linus and I'm sure he will help my JDAM over the rainbow bridge. Hugs to you.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
What a wonderful experience for you and Truman. I'm so glad your vet is this way. Thank you so much for sharing this.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] -- between you wonderful tribute to your sweet boy and now this amazing experience with your vet -- I am in full blown tears at my desk. So glad you have this great vet to care for your babies.

:hug:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks for sharing your story and experience with your vet. It's great to hear positive comments about a vet, and yours sounds like a very caring and compassionate vet, who truly cares not only about his furry patients, but also their owners.

HoochsMom

May 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
As I read your post, I am also in tears now.......... I lost my boxer some time back and my vet was so kind and compassionate that I will never forget that dreadful night and recall how my vet made it as comfortable and calm as he possibly could. He said all the right things and made me feel as best he could, considering the circumstances as they were.......... We should all be thankful if we are lucky enough to find that kind of vet. I know I am and it sounds like you have a wonderful vet in the lives of your babies too!!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Thank you for sharing this experience. It is very comforting to know that this vet took the time to comfort you in your time of need and reinforce the fact that you are a wonderful bully mom. Its also comforting to hear that Truman has grieved for his buddy Linus. This is such a feel good story. I really do think sending a note of recognition for Dr Wright is a great idea. Not many people are recognized these days for going above and beyond the call of duty!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Today was a pretty tough day.

As many of you know, I lost my older bulldog Linus on Wednesday. Today, I had originally scheduled a vet appointment for both Linus and Truman for their semi-annual physical - but only Truman made the trip this time.

For the semi-annual check up, I usually drop the dogs off in the morning and they run their tests, give any needed booster shots, give them a physical and call me when they are all finished. I was dreading dropping off Truman because I didn't want to be without him for any part of the day, and I knew the vet staff, used to seeing my bullies together, would ask about Linus.

And they did. And I was okay. I told a few of the vet techs who asked about Linus, and had been informed about his death by the emergency clinic where we brought him to have him cremated, about the circumstances of his death. They expressed their condolences and I thanked them, then waited patiently in the exam room for someone to take Truman back.

What happened next was one of most generous shows of compassion by a vet I have ever experienced.

It is Sunday, so Dr. Wright was the only vet on-staff and undoubtedly busy since many like take advantage of weekend hours. Despite this, Dr. Wright came in to exam room (we usually don't see him during the semi-annual check ups), took my hand, and said how sorry he was about Linus. He then proceeded to spend about 15 minutes of his time talking to me about Linus, about Linus' death, about all of the doubts that swirl in your mind after you lose someone you love - did I do enough? Was he in pain? Was he afraid?

Dr. Wright, compassionately and honestly, answered all of my questions and offered his expert insights on Linus, on his life, and on his death. With great certainty, he assured me that Linus died as he lived - in atmosphere of comfort and love. He talked to me about Truman and how he was handling Linus' passing, as he pet Truman -who at this point, was rolling around the floor with glee because of all the attention. I commented to him about how Truman, despite spending time with Linus' body, didn't really react to his death at all. Dr. Wright assured me that Truman was well aware of his old friend's decline - probably before I even was - and had accepted Linus' death as the natural conclusion to his diminishing state.

He closed our time in the exam room by giving me a hug and telling me I had given Linus a life that any dog could only wish for and that he would take the best care of Truman that he could - and if I needed anything, just call.

Of course, by that point, I was in full blown tears. Not only was I extremely comforted by Dr. Wright's words and insights but the fact that our vet, who doesn't own his own practice (we go to a Banfield Pet Hospital), took time out of what I am sure was a super busy and demanding day to express compassion, concern, and care at the passing of one of his patients, was so amazing to me.

I figured most of the time we speak of vets, we complain so it would be good to share a story about a vet going above and beyond his duty to comfort a grieving pet owner for no other reason than that he cared.

That is a an amazing vet!!! Your story brought me to tears, after reading your previous post I just want to say that not only are your bullies very lucky to have you as a mommy but from the compassion that I can tell you hold in your heart you are going to make a great skin mommy as well. Thank you for sharing your story with us hugs and slobbery kisses from Loki and I

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Its great to hear stories like this. My vet is on the opposite end of the spectrum.or should I say ex-vet. .Wouldn't even take responsibility for some issues he caused. Im in the emarket now for one just like you have! Again, so sorry on your loss of Linus!.

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your Linus. I am glad that your vet was so sweet.
((((((HUGS)))))))

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.