brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Any time we have a beer or mixed drink Brutus knocks over the table and tries to drink it all. Last night we were visiting friends and before we could stop him he knocked over a vodka tonic and drank half of it. I am a nervous wreck that it will harm him. He was sluggish this morning and slept half the day away. Has this happened to anyone else?:cursing:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Not with Vegas, but I had a basset hound before and she would constantly knock over my beers and while I was running to get a towel she would be licking it up. :eek:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Did he ever act hung over? The behavior this morning is what concerned me. Obviously he should not have alcohol but he is sneaky and fast

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
lol oh Brutus poor guy had a hang over

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I am sure he has heard of the health benefits of drinking in moderation and so decided to take up the regimen

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Two drinks a day are purported to be healthy so I say why not have four and get twice the benefits.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Just be very careful with alcohol or beer it is very toxic to dogs and cats, but more so dogs, and can be fatal.

Is alcohol poisonous to dogs?

Alcoholic drinks aside, alcohol can be found in some surprising places. Rum-soaked cakes or other unbaked deserts containing alcohol may contain alcohol to cause poisoning in pets. Alcohol is also a major byproduct of ingested yeast dough (see yeast-bread dough).

Threat to pets:

Even small amounts of alcohol, especially in small dogs and cats, can cause life-threatening toxicity.

Signs of alcohol poisoning:

Alcohol smell on the breath, neurological depression, hypothermia (low body temperature), hypotension (low blood pressure), seizures and respiratory failure.

Treatment:

Intravenous dextrose (sugar), IV fluids, warming measures and in-hospital monitoring.

Prognosis:

Excellent provided the appropriate care is received.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Any time we have a beer or mixed drink Brutus knocks over the table and tries to drink it all. Last night we were visiting friends and before we could stop him he knocked over a vodka tonic and drank half of it. I am a nervous wreck that it will harm him. He was sluggish this morning and slept half the day away. Has this happened to anyone else?:cursing:

never had this happen./..... how is he today??

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Today he is eating alot of grass and he vomited once. I am keeping an eye on him. I am soo nervous.

- - - Updated - - -

Today he is eating alot of grass and he vomited once. I am keeping an eye on him. I am soo nervous.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I didn't think a little beer would hurt a dog but a mixed drink that is something else. Sure hope the boy is feeling better

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm keeping my fingers crossed but it looks like Brutus is finally feeling better. I gave him 3tsp of pepto bismol and he has not vomited any more and he even ate a lite dinner. :pray2:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.