The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I'll have to get a water bowl for it since hers is HUGE.

Don't use a water bowl in the crate unless you can get the ones that clip to the side otherwise you could have a huge mess. I believe [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] has something like that. Instead of bowls we have a water bottle with a stainless steel spout on it similar to a hamsters water bottle and have it attached to the outside of the crate and Harlea uses it just fine and we have no mess from it at all.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Forde is 4 and i have crated him since day 1.....due to not wanting to be worried when i'm away.......i don't crate him at night but he is in my room on his bed, with my door closed and there is nothing ( knock on wood) that he can get that he shouldn't have.....he loves his crate....never use the crate for punishment ( imo ) always make it a good place.....and like others stated he will go in during the day and lie down, take a toy etc :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
It's hard to tell the crate's size. As long as she can get in, stand up, turn around and fully lay down in it it should be good. You not want it small but you don't want it huge either if you are going to crate grin her w it. If she can lay down fully comfortably then it will be a perfect den for her!

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
Cover it with blankets to make it a den, not a crate.. put in some towels or blankets for a bed... My bully is so OCD, she goes in like clock work... She was ALWAYS in it until I thought she'd be okay to be out... Then I came home to find a , thank God, unplugged lamp cord chewed up.. She ate 3, yes 3!!! cords to the Christmas tree in one season!! Now she's 8, and has been out of that stage, BUT still sleeps in it at night... Just don't use it as a punishment, and you'll be golden

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online