Turning lemons into lemonade: Linus the bulldog memorial skate

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
First, a big, giant, Linus-sized, thank you to everyone on the board for your kind words of comfort and support following the loss of Linus. I have read the memorial thread many times and have drawn strength from it over the last few days. I miss him so much.

Some of you may know that my husband and I are avid ice hockey players and run a weekly adult hockey skills class in our area. As a tribute to Linus, I decided to organize a skate that offers a discount to any skater that brings us food, blankets, towels, and toys to class AND we will be donating all profits as well to the Arizona Humane Society.

I wanted to start this thread to let everyone know how much I appreciate everything and to update it after the skate (which happens next Wednesday) to let you know how we do in Linus' memory. I hope we get a big haul to donate to homeless animals!

Here is the flyer I put together...Linus was a big lover of stinky hockey gear :)

Linus Skills.jpg

Although the sadness is overwhelming at times, I hope I can do some good in Linus' name by giving back to needy animals and continuing to share what I learned from my time with him on EBN.

Thanks again for all the support!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a fantastic idea and a wonderful tribute to your sweet boy!!! Awesome picture of him

:hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love this idea!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
What a wonderful way to honor Linus. I hope it is hugely successful!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
What a wonderful idea... I hope you get a great turnout!!! :2thumbs:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What a wonderful idea and awesome memorial for Linus. :drawheart:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I so very much admire how you turn terrible loss into positive action...immediately.

You are brave, good, strong and smart...Linus continues to be so proud of you as
he looks over you & yours from Heaven.

As I thought of him yesterday, I could clearly see him running flat out with joy without
pain or exhaustion, with so many friends playing & romping together.

We will reunite with all our loved ones again. Much love & prayer for you & yours, GOD bless!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I hope you have a huge turnout! :heart: Love the pic of Linus on the hockey gear! What a great memorial.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww what a great idea, and a wonderful way to honor Linus' memory. I hope you have a huge turn out, and it is successful.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online