Turning lemons into lemonade: Linus the bulldog memorial skate

welchmd

Aug 28, 2012
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ally
I cried when I heard about Linus. You are doing such a great thing in his honor.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Just a quick update:

Our Linus Memorial Skate took place last night and we had an even better turnout than expected!

We collected three boxes of medical blankets from a skater who is an EMT and his work donated them. We got another full box of kitty and dog toys, blankets, food, and other goodies - not to mention the stuff I need to dig out from my own stash before we go make the donation.

On top of all of this, we are donating some $300 in cash from donations and profits to the Arizona Humane Society.

A super big, Linus-sized thank you to [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] for his donation in Linus' honor - and everyone else who "Liked" the pics of Facebook and got the skate a lot of exposure. It is really uplifting to be able to do this in Linus' memory.

Here's the donations...more to be added!

Donation.jpg
LinusMemorial1.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just a quick update:

Our Linus Memorial Skate took place last night and we had an even better turnout than expected!

We collected three boxes of medical blankets from a skater who is an EMT and his work donated them. We got another full box of kitty and dog toys, blankets, food, and other goodies - not to mention the stuff I need to dig out from my own stash before we go make the donation.

On top of all of this, we are donating some $300 in cash from donations and profits to the Arizona Humane Society.

A super big, Linus-sized thank you to [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] for his donation in Linus' honor - and everyone else who "Liked" the pics of Facebook and got the skate a lot of exposure. It is really uplifting to be able to do this in Linus' memory.

Here's the donations...more to be added!

View attachment 51497
View attachment 51498

Fantastic Jill!!! Thank you for making lemonade!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is wonderful news!!! :bravo:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
So happy all went well and the skate was a success! A nice tribute in Linus' memory!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.