Turning lemons into lemonade: Linus the bulldog memorial skate

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What a wonderful idea Jill!!! :heart:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
great idea in Linus' name! Any way to donate if you're from out of state?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Saw this on fb and think it is just such a wonderful thing to do in his tribute!!! I love the idea and obviously shows the person you r to even think of it. ;)

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
great idea in Linus' name! Any way to donate if you're from out of state?

Thanks [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], I will send you a PM if you'd like to send something along.

I appreciate everyone's well wishes...I hope it's a good way to promote the healing process (other than crying and feeling intermittently sad then angry then lonely!)AND do some good in the world in Linus' memory.

One more pic of Linus at his daddy's hockey game...he loved the rink, and chewing on hockey pucks!

35771_409080279692_205757_n.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Absolutely awesome! When my Mable died, I was so lost in pain and self pity, I couldn't have seen something like this! Shame on me! I will remember this lesson!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
First, a big, giant, Linus-sized, thank you to everyone on the board for your kind words of comfort and support following the loss of Linus. I have read the memorial thread many times and have drawn strength from it over the last few days. I miss him so much.

Some of you may know that my husband and I are avid ice hockey players and run a weekly adult hockey skills class in our area. As a tribute to Linus, I decided to organize a skate that offers a discount to any skater that brings us food, blankets, towels, and toys to class AND we will be donating all profits as well to the Arizona Humane Society.

I wanted to start this thread to let everyone know how much I appreciate everything and to update it after the skate (which happens next Wednesday) to let you know how we do in Linus' memory. I hope we get a big haul to donate to homeless animals!

Here is the flyer I put together...Linus was a big lover of stinky hockey gear :)

View attachment 50797

Although the sadness is overwhelming at times, I hope I can do some good in Linus' name by giving back to needy animals and continuing to share what I learned from my time with him on EBN.

Thanks again for all the support!

You my dear are just incredible!!!!!!!! What an amazing idea and amazing way to honor sweet Linus. Kudos to you for turning this into something to benefit others. You are truly an angel. Fingers and paws crossed for a huge turn out

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Such a wonderfully beautiful tribute to Linus. Yes, he would definitely be proud of him momma and how she's helping so many others right now. You're awesome, Jill!:hug:

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
God bless you, for turning your grief into something so awesome. Those we have loved never go away, they walk beside us everyday. Let time heal the pain, and love heal the heart. May you take comfort in knowing others care.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online