• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I live and die by the wire slicker brush. It has helped clear up a whole bunch of skin issues for not only my own dogs but fosters too. For those that don't now, back when Abby had demodex she had a bad reaction to the ivermectin. I took her to a holistic vet and he told me how to clear it up naturally. One of the things he told me was to use a slicker brush every day. It stimulates the skin, brings the blood back up to the skin, helps to distribute the body's natural oils and removes the dead cells. The skin is the body's largest organ, keeping it healthy is a must for continued good health. Think of the wire brush like a loofah for our skin.

I've had fosters come in my house damn near bald from allergic reactions or other issues. Lulu had severe skin issues when she walked in my door. She had a beautiful coat when she left here a month later. Tanker was completely bald when he got here. He looks like a whole new dog now.

The slicker (wire) brush isn't made for removing loose hair. It is made for healing the skin and keeping it healthy. I still use a furminator outside and the zoom groom in the bath.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I just bought the Furminator today (it's on sale @PetSmart). I use the Zoom brush too, but I'm hoping the Furminator will REALLY get up the loose hairs. I'm allergic to dogs & get shots, but this summer has been the worst for the shedding lately!!! I'm at my wits end... :wallbang:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.