Life jackets for bulldogs

KentuckyBully

Jun 28, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mickey and Minnie
We joined a members only dog park here in Cincinnati that has a dock and lots of water. It was very important that Mickey and Minnie have life jackets as they are not afraid of water and I didn't want them to sink like stones. I did some research on line and found lots of positive reviews on the EZY dog jackets. They were a little hard to find as they were sold out on most sites, but I was able to purchase size S for Minnie and M for Mickey from Amazon. They arrived in two days (gotta love free shipping!) and they are wonderful quality, fantastic fit, and thick. They have thick adjustable straps to fit their body types. They do run big as all reviews stated. The small goes from 25-45 lbs and the M goes from 40-80 lbs. even the neck strap was able to adjust nice and snug. They love splashing and fetching in the water, and are starting to swim a little. Now, with their jackets, they can just swim as much as they want. Also, I should state, that they seem very comfortable as both puppies run and play. The jackets don't stop them one bit!

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Thanks for the info. I have been looking into lifejackets as well for my boy because he LOVES the water! This brand sounds great.

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Thanks for the info. We will be needing 2 also. Any pictures of your two wearing them?

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Thanks for the info! I'd like to get a life jacket for Guinevere for when we take trips to San Diego! I'm from Cincinnati :) and actually in town right now! Wish I could've brought my sweet pup, I'm missing her!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we just bought Lola a life jacket from Canada pooch since last year she jumped of the frikken dock unexpectedly into the lake. hubby took pics, I'll post it tonight. it looks huge, but it fits great
ga7ahysa.jpg

3ate4ygu.jpg
u5aty3eb.jpg

e9equdyq.jpg

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanx so much for all the information on the life jacket.
Here is HRH in hers by our koi pond. We chose this one because it has a roll of flotation material under her chin which helps hold her head above water. Body Glove is the brand.

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Where are you at in KY? I live in Florence. We should have a bully play date!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Great!!! Loki needs a life jacket the only ones that we could ever get for him were actually for toddlers which is not a big deal since he doesn't go in very deep and never alone. Thinking that we live in Wisconsin/Minnesota that they would stock them more often at the pet store but they don't weird!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Great!!! Loki needs a life jacket the only ones that we could ever get for him were actually for toddlers which is not a big deal since he doesn't go in very deep and never alone. Thinking that we live in Wisconsin/Minnesota that they would stock them more often at the pet store but they don't weird!

We got ours at Petsmart in Brookfield (suburb of Milwaukee)

OP
KentuckyBully

KentuckyBully

Jun 28, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mickey and Minnie
Ill take some pics....Minnie started swimming in deeper water today and it did a,great job holding her head up. @ Jennie, I live in the Independence area, so not far from you!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ill take some pics....Minnie started swimming in deeper water today and it did a,great job holding her head up. @ Jennie, I live in the Independence area, so not far from you!
That's awesome. Maybe in the next few weeks or when the weather gets a little cooler we can meet with our babies and let them play!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.