To fix or not to fix

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
We just decided today to have Rumble neutered. We knew it was something we wanted to do eventually and today he turned 10 months so we decided to schedule an appointment. I have heard so many horror stories that I am absolutely terrified. Poor Rumble Pig has no idea what is going to happen to him. I have a feeling he may no longer like car rides after his experience at the vet!
I hope my post didnt add to your concern Tiffany. Its just my opinion and 99% of them are successful with no complications! Good Luck Rumble! Youll have to throw him in the car a few times after this to get some treats so he doesnt associate car rides with getting his jewels snipped! Let us know when its done!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
In the words of Bob Barker "Help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered".

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
We were actually just tossing around the idea to have Loki neutered as well. He doesn't hump, he never marks in the house, he isn't aggressive, he likes other dogs. But having him put under scares me.

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
I hope my post didnt add to your concern Tiffany. Its just my opinion and 99% of them are successful with no complications! Good Luck Rumble! Youll have to throw him in the car a few times after this to get some treats so he doesnt associate car rides with getting his jewels snipped! Let us know when its done!

I was scared long before your post! I know there is a risk of complications and it has this bully momma worried! I also know it will not necessarily stop the problems we have been having with him (humping/marking/hyperactivity) but I know we have definitely decided not to breed him so I feel it should be done. His appointment is on the 16th. I will drop him off before I go to work. Luckily, we are having a party at work that afternoon so hopefully I will not be too hysterical worrying about him! I know there will be tears shed when I drop him off though...especially since he has decided he is too cool to give momma kisses in public. :cry:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Omg I didnt realize that how you lost your baby! That is so scary. I worry about getting Daisy done. I know its good for them but I hate the idea of surgery. She was born with a hernia and the vet says its looking better so Im hoping we wont have to have surgery for that. :/
When Bella was spayed she started bleeding internally so they had to go in again... they discovered that a vessel that had been cut during her C-section had burst open after they had stitched her up from her spay. I'm not sure if the stress of the 2nd surgery caused it to reopen or what. We were just in a total state of shock that she died during a so-called common procedure. One of Bella's puppies had a hernia & it actually healed itself... I'm sure Daisy will be fine during her spay :D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When Bella was spayed she started bleeding internally so they had to go in again... they discovered that a vessel that had been cut during her C-section had burst open after they had stitched her up from her spay. I'm not sure if the stress of the 2nd surgery caused it to reopen or what. We were just in a total state of shock that she died during a so-called common procedure. One of Bella's puppies had a hernia & it actually healed itself... I'm sure Daisy will be fine during her spay :D

Healed itself!! How great is that! So they messed up when she was born C-section? or when she gave birth C-section?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We just decided today to have Rumble neutered. We knew it was something we wanted to do eventually and today he turned 10 months so we decided to schedule an appointment. I have heard so many horror stories that I am absolutely terrified. Poor Rumble Pig has no idea what is going to happen to him. I have a feeling he may no longer like car rides after his experience at the vet!

Amelia is scheduled for her spay on Monday morning. She is 5 months old. Our vet recommended she be spayed before her first heat because it has many health benefits, decreased cancer risks, compared to waiting until later in her life. I have heard for males that the decrease in cancer risk is dramatic as well.

Surgery is always a worry, but there are worries with not having them sometimes too. You can always find tragic stories either way. You just can't dwell on them. We can only hope and pray for the best outcome. There are always risks either way.

In the case with us and Amy in particular I just tell myself that God didn't give her to us 3 months ago just to take her away so quick..so I'm trying not to be a worry wart about it.

Let us know when Rumble is having his surgery and we'll pray right along with you for the best outcome.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Healed itself!! How great is that! So they messed up when she was born C-section? or when she gave birth C-section?

When she gave birth.. The vessel burst open after they had spayed her, and they had to re-open her to stop the bleeding. They had to give her a blood transfusion & everything... It was horrible!!!

Please don't think I'm against spay/neuter procedures because that is not the case at all!!! I'm just not looking forward to putting Winston thru any surgeries...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When she gave birth.. The vessel burst open after they had spayed her, and they had to re-open her to stop the bleeding. They had to give her a blood transfusion & everything... It was horrible!!!

Please don't think I'm against spay/neuter procedures because that is not the case at all!!! I'm just not looking forward to putting Winston thru any surgeries...

I know it's scary. When we did Buster me wife and I called the vets office on the hour every hour........Did you have puppies??

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know it's scary. When we did Buster me wife and I called the vets office on the hour every hour........Did you have puppies??

Yes Bella had 8 beautiful pups, and Winston is one of her babies!!! I plan on putting an album up, but every time I look at the pics of Bella & her babies I bust out crying. I'm just not ready yet... ; (

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes Bella had 8 beautiful pups, and Winston is one of her babies!!! I plan on putting an album up, but every time I look at the pics of Bella & her babies I bust out crying. I'm just not ready yet... ; (

I totally understand :( when you're ready. That's a lot of work to have puppies.. :)

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I totally understand :( when you're ready. That's a lot of work to have puppies.. :)

You had better believe it... It completely took over our lives!!! Lol It was fun, but I would never do that again...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I believe that. A true commitment.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.