Is my bulldog to thin????

Joelgreen11

Aug 1, 2013
Akron Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
photo (4).jpgthis is tank hes 2 years old and he sure eats his share of food lol. We keep him very active with walks and playing but people are always like hes thin for a bully. I never wanted him to get over weight cause of the risk of more health issues but hes a big boy weights 65 pounds at his last check up and also the vet gave him a 4 out 5 for his body type which is good

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
View attachment 50749this is tank hes 2 years old and he sure eats his share of food lol. We keep him very active with walks and playing but people are always like hes thin for a bully. I never wanted him to get over weight cause of the risk of more health issues but hes a big boy weights 65 pounds at his last check up and also the vet gave him a 4 out 5 for his body type which is good
Can you take a picture of him from the top? He looks good from the side

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think he looks fine in that picture. A picture from above would be a better indicator of telling if he looks too thin though.
Mostly though you want to see a waist from above. Also you want to be able to feel the ribs, but not visibly see them when looking at him. I can't see his ribs in the pic.

OP
Joelgreen11

Joelgreen11

Aug 1, 2013
Akron Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
photo (5).jpgthis is the best I could do cause he wanted to go outside. I can feel his ribs but u cant see them. those arnt his ribs there his wrinkles lol. Thanks for the advice

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think he looks good! Here's a pic of HRH taken a few months ago. She's a small girl, but perfect at 40 lbs. for her frame.

Attachments

• DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 169

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
View attachment 50751this is the best I could do cause he wanted to go outside. I can feel his ribs but u cant see them. those arnt his ribs there his wrinkles lol. Thanks for the advice

He is very wrinkly there :yes:. I am on the fence with this I really like the fact that you keep him on the lighter side. I agree that it keeps away health issues but I am wondering if a couple more treats a day might give him some reserve if a health problem came up. Just my opinion. He is beautiful!

OP
Joelgreen11

Joelgreen11

Aug 1, 2013
Akron Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks for all your advice. He gets fed plenty of good and treats. His not the kind of bully that just lays around all day always very active and sometimes to much. He's a little trouble maker lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He looks great to me, just right, you don't want a fat bully. A lean bully is a healthy bully.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He looks great! After he is three you will notice he will pack on the weight a lot easier because he will become a bit more lazy, so it's best to keep him trim.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I also think he looks good:) If he's not neutered he will be more toned and muscular and if he is neutered you are lucky that he's not packing on some fat;) One of our girls are on diet food cos she has had hip operations and are less active due to age, it's a balance with their food, lots of things playing a roll:)

Most Reactions