sleep question?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Im wondering if anybody else has experienced interrupted sleep patterns with their bullies. Chumley will lie by my bed at night and sleep for about an hour or two..then get up and plop himself in another part of the room for an hour. Then its off to the hallway where he spends another hour..then to the den where he sleeps on a sofa. He eventually ends back up in my room for a few more hours. I don't think he's ever slept the whole night through. Is that normal? He doesn't whimper, bark or bother anybody..he just moves around to different spots to get more comfortable Im assuming...He will sleep practically anywhere! sleep1.jpgsleep2.jpgsleep3.jpgsleep4.jpgsleep5.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No, no sleep problems here. Lol. Dozer is my lazy guy, he loves to sleep. They are both crate trained at night, so they get their last walk at around 10 or 11 at night, and then they usually cuddle next to whoever I still up watching TV, then the last person to go to bed, which is usually my son the night owl will put them I'm the crate for the night, and they sleep right through until 6 am when we have to wake them up and take them out, Blossom will always bounce out, and be excited to go outside, but Dozey we have to coax out, and bribe with a piece of kibble, and then he'll grudgingly come out. He looks at you with those eyes that say Gee Mom do I really have to go out? Lol

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
No, no sleep problems here. Lol. Dozer is my lazy guy, he loves to sleep. They are both crate trained at night, so they get their last walk at around 10 or 11 at night, and then they usually cuddle next to whoever I still up watching TV, then the last person to go to bed, which is usually my son the night owl will put them I'm the crate for the night, and they sleep right through until 6 am when we have to wake them up and take them out, Blossom will always bounce out, and be excited to go outside, but Dozey we have to coax out, and bribe with a piece of kibble, and then he'll grudgingly come out. He looks at you with those eyes that say Gee Mom do I really have to go out? Lol

Thanks, I'm wondering now if something is bothering him that makes him get up and change spots all night long?

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] - Colossus is the same way. He will start out on the couch (or elsewhere in the living room) come into my room (when hes not banished for peeing on a shirt that found its way on the floor) then back to the hallway. I think its just a "bully thing" one of those quirks we just have to adore about our bully.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea sleeps through the night for the most part. From time to time we can hear her get a drink or chew on one of her bones in her crate. But usually she is down for the count from 9pm until 530am.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Those photos are fantastic. I am in love with Chumley! Ruthie has interrupted sleep just cause she likes to potty at night not during the day.

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] Mia sleeps in her crate too; in she goes whenever the last person goes to bed. If she's in a "mood" she will sometimes go in by herself. It's not near us so I'm not sure if she sleeps through the whole night or not, but she doesn't cry. Just wanted to stop by to say Chumley is gorgeous! love him :)

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Chumley is too adorable for words. Dudley slept in his crate until around his 2nd birthday...now he sleeps either on the couch, his favorite chair, the ottoman...and because I left his crate up and the door open...he'll often sleep there. In fact, he's asleep in his crate right now for a little nap. I don't hear him -- he doesn't bark -- but I know he switches position! Sometimes he's on the couch when I go to bed and on the chair when I come down in the morning. Growing up we had dogs -- boxers, schnauzers, poodles -- they often wandered from place to place to sleep.

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
Hello!! Well, my Harley(17mos), has to sleep in crate at night or else he'll roam about the house and get into trouble. The crate is where he gets his best rest and gives me peace of mind that he's safe!!!! We all get the rest we need to keep up with him!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
If I let Raven sleep outside of her crate that happens. She will constantly move around. I used to let her sleep on the bed with me but then she would move around a lot and then I had some allergy issues so we stopped that. If she sleeps in her crate she may turn once during the night and that is it.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ruggles sleeps in his open crate in the laundry room with a pet door so he takes himself out to get a drink and go potty during the night. If he were allowed to sleep in the living room he would move from recliner to couch to floor all night!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake flops all around too..before he gets in his dog bed for the night. Then he stays pretty calm..unless he gets hot or I get up..then he follows me like a shadow! :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
LMBO! Love those pics! No sleep issues w Brie. She sleeps on the bed n pretty much only moves once to lay on me for some 3 am snuggling. She is a lazo...lol

Last edited:

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online