Those who cast stones...

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
This may be venting just a little bit but I was out in the yard today, Linus and Truman were sniffing around, and I started seeing rocks being thrown over the wall. I said something loudly when one came over and hit Truman in the butt while he was trying to pee but then another soon followed. Someone over the wall was throwing rocks at the dogs!

I live in Arizona so we have cinder block walls so I couldn't see but I said "Hi, can you not throw stones over the wall, you've hit my dog already!" No response. Another stone comes over. So I get my lawn chair and peek over the wall and there's a three year old boy and his mother, who is sitting there reading, letting her kid throw rocks over the walls.

I said to the little boy "Honey, can you not throw stones over in my yard, you hit my puppy." The mother doesn't even look up at me or apologize and tells her son, "Don't do that."

Geesh! I'm going to have to keep an eye on things! :angry:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG I would be so angry!!! Vent away!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Whaaat???? how ignorant, of the mother, and just how much control does she have over her son and manners?? I think you are looking at a soon to be juvinile delinquent, so sad, I do not wear a halo, but my children were raised with manners, and very diverse, If they would have EVER done that, they most certainly would have been spanked (yes I spanked they are 23,26 now) and taught. Good thing is BOTH my boys are animal lovers, Ohhhh that makes me so mad to read!!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
omg and people wonder whats wrong with our society these days and whats worse is the juvinile program doesnt hardly do anything either!!! i would sit and start throwing the rocks back over maybe you'll get the point across lmoa

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I should've flung a bulldog poop over the wall!

tmaguire

Aug 4, 2010
I cannot believe that woman didn't even acknowledge you or the situation. That is absolutely awful. I am sorry you and your pups have to deal with this, and I certainly hope it was a one time thing.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is so wrong...my kids are not angels, however I would never allowed for them to behave like this and for her not to acknowledge it. Next time they are outside, turn on your sprinkler....real high!

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Whats wrong with people?!?!? I dont have kids, but I do have that "look" that kids seen to understand :yes: With a nice smile on my face I would have said "Excuse me, Im going to need you to parent your child who is throwing rock at my dog...thanks"

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Wow you were calm. I don't think I could have kept from snatching the book out of her hand and hitting her on top of the head with it. B&^%$ :curse:

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
You handled your self very well lol.. I would have went off on the lady.. I have children and they know better to do things like that. If they do they pay the price... If it happens again I would nicely go over and tell that lady (not a mom) that unless she wants a hefty bill from you she should nip this in the bud right now. there is no excuse for her to let her child to this.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
What is wrong with people?!! Oh thats awful, I hope he loses interest in doing that or something because obviously the mom is worthless and won't do anything about it :angry:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Unbelievable!! Is that a new neighbor???

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I didn't notice anyone move in or out of the house but I've never noticed a little kid over there either so I'm not sure exactly what's going on...the lady was so odd. I've seen her before while I walking the dogs and I asked her if it was okay if her son pet the dogs because he was pointing at them (I try to socialize them around kids since I'm going to have one ... one of these days!) and she barely spoke then either. It's kind of sad, with the cinder block walls, you really have no idea who lives next to you unless you go out of your way to find out!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
some women that dont speak up like that are sometimes in a abusive relationship with the dad :down:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.