Those who cast stones...

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
You know some people are so dumb, sorry but true! I would have been so :angry:!! Nobody messes with my kids (skin or fur)!

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
that is horrible.. but unfortunately some parent's won't ever say a word. Those are the kids that in a few years, they'll be in family court for delinquency :angry:

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
I agree with everyone you were very calm, I am not sure what I would have done when his mother couldn't be bothered. I think I would have asked him how he like it if the dogs or you through rocks at him. I just do not under stand people today, my sons where no angels either but that would have been the day I didn't make them say they were sorry and I also would have said it. No manners any more not even what's suppose to adults.

Mack, Blossom and I where in the yard the other day and a woman was jogging by she must have been in her 30's. Mack ran up to watch her or should I say hope she would stop to pat him. He never left our yard, he goes close so people see him still on our grass and sits. Well this woman stopped took Ipod ear phones out and started screaming at him to stay down, he was sitting not even moving and I was right there. She then raises a hand to hit him and I went nuts, I told her if she hit him she was gonna be picking herself up off the ground. She started to say something and I just said quiet if I ever see you hit my dogs you will be on the ground. She's like but but, I said but nothing he's in his yard and on his leash and he doesn't have to be on a leash in his yard. After that I couldn't even be bothered to listen to what excuse she was gonna give me, it was not like he was running at her. Now that I vented to but that's what I mean about people today, they don't care.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I agree with everyone you were very calm, I am not sure what I would have done when his mother couldn't be bothered. I think I would have asked him how he like it if the dogs or you through rocks at him. I just do not under stand people today, my sons where no angels either but that would have been the day I didn't make them say they were sorry and I also would have said it. No manners any more not even what's suppose to adults.

Mack, Blossom and I where in the yard the other day and a woman was jogging by she must have been in her 30's. Mack ran up to watch her or should I say hope she would stop to pat him. He never left our yard, he goes close so people see him still on our grass and sits. Well this woman stopped took Ipod ear phones out and started screaming at him to stay down, he was sitting not even moving and I was right there. She then raises a hand to hit him and I went nuts, I told her if she hit him she was gonna be picking herself up off the ground. She started to say something and I just said quiet if I ever see you hit my dogs you will be on the ground. She's like but but, I said but nothing he's in his yard and on his leash and he doesn't have to be on a leash in his yard. After that I couldn't even be bothered to listen to what excuse she was gonna give me, it was not like he was running at her. Now that I vented to but that's what I mean about people today, they don't care.

Wow, that's awful! It reminds me of something that happened to me when I was out walking my friend's German Shepherd with him...Rocky, the German Shepherd, is very tame so she sometimes walks off leash. She responds well to voice commands so it's never really a problem. Anyway, we were walking her pretty late at night and there was another dog and person approaching and Rocky got excited and walked up to the other dog (Italian Greyhound), both tails wagging, when the other dog's owner kicked Rocky in the head and accused my friend of not controlling his dog! I was in complete disbelief! He then started shouting nonsense about how his dog costs $3000 and Rocky was trying to attack him (apparently tail wagging is a sign of attack now). I said "She walked up and her tail was wagging, are you an idiot?" The guy was freaking out so my friend and I decided it was possible he was on something or dangerous so we checked Rocky out and got the hell out of there.

I think it had a lot to do with Rocky being a German Shepherd. I get a lot of stuff about the bulldogs too - they're "dangerous."

So yeah, I'm right with you, people can be self absorbed idiots!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Wow....I have a short fuse. I can tolerate 3.2 seconds of nonsense before I tell it like it is (or how I think it is). If there were rocks being thrown over the wall..I would have stood on my chair...looking over and asked the woman "are you ready?" I would have then told her that every single rock that her son had been throwing over were all about ready to come back her way. I'd also let her know that I throw a little harder. And probably have better aim. I have no tolerance for stupid people...or ignorant people. That and a short fuse.....don't mess with me or my fur kin.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Wow....I have a short fuse. I can tolerate 3.2 seconds of nonsense before I tell it like it is (or how I think it is). If there were rocks being thrown over the wall..I would have stood on my chair...looking over and asked the woman "are you ready?" I would have then told her that every single rock that her son had been throwing over were all about ready to come back her way. I'd also let her know that I throw a little harder. And probably have better aim. I have no tolerance for stupid people...or ignorant people. That and a short fuse.....don't mess with me or my fur kin.
WOW lol. i would have reacted the same way. I was walking Georgia one day who is very big and some kids were running by with an adult and she started shaking her butt wanting to play, well the A-hole guy said"arent u too small to be controlling that dog..if she bites one of these kids u wont have to worry about her." Thankfully I was walking ALONE(nokids) so I let him have a piece of my mind and told him what would happen if hand or object was put on my dog.....So of course Georgia gets offensive because i was upset and started to posture into "protect" mode. So i told the guy that Georgia loves kids but hates "Ignorant Adults" so he needed to go home. Needless to say since then when I walk Georgia he doesnt say a word.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
got 3 words for everyone.... people are idiots!!!

when i work days we get lots of dog calls, and most calls are, theres a pit out and he's vicious, dog catcher goes over there, its the friendlist dog ever and its a pit mix lol... people will call and flip out that there are dogs running loose and very vicious wont let them pass, dog catcher gets there its a little Chihuahua dog, seriously people that dog is gonna run if you walk up to it lol...

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
The child's behavior is doubtlessly a result of the Mom not giving a :poo:what he does. It is a pain sometimes, we also have the 6 ft. cinder block wall around our yard. It's great "privacy" but also keeps you from getting acquainted with your neighbors. We have 3 kids next door, ages 8,5 and 3 and they throw all sorts of junk over our wall. We had to go over and talk to their mother twice when they first moved in. They were throwing toys, rocks, and food over. No one was getting hit, but we were worried about some of this stuff not being very good for our dogs. The 5 year old girl also climbs up on top and sits there on the wall, which makes Arrow bark. We told her she'd better get down before she fell off and got hurt. She informed my husband her mother lets her do that. Just gotta love it, don't you? We also went to talk about that with her mother. (With our luck she'd fall into our yard and they'd decide to sue us, or something). It really is sad how unfriendly neighbors are these days. When I was growing up, in Mich., everybody knew everybody. Out here in az., we pretty much "sort of" know a few neighbors, the rest don't even wave if you're both out in the front yards.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online