How many dog tags does your bully have?

B

Baxter Tiberius

For crying out loud my phone has a gps on Busters chip!!
How did you get the gps on Buster's chip?
Its the chip company that sent it to me. KINDA COOL!!! LOL

What is the company name? Chip name? Website?
From everything I read, its a myth that chips can provide GPS coordinates. However I have seen dog collars that are GPS capable.
You'd need a power source that is implanted inside the dog for any GPS navigation to work, tied to your phone. If these do exist please provide details.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
What is the company name? Chip name? Website?
From everything I read, its a myth that chips can provide GPS coordinates. However I have seen dog collars that are GPS capable.
You'd need a power source that is implanted inside the dog for any GPS navigation to work, tied to your phone. If these do exist please provide details.

Not unless the power source is self contained kinda like one of those flash lights you shake. It is possible with the technology of today anything is possible. Some of the upper scale night clubs have a chip that can be injected under the skin and scanned by the bouncer as the people come in it contains all that persons information

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
The only thing about the microchip (which Winston DOES have) that if someone brings their "dog" to a vet, there would be no reason for them to scan a chip to see if it's actually their dog. I have also heard of some people removing a microchip from a purebred dog. Here in TN there has been a huge increase in dog kidnappings... that's one reason I'm so glad my boxer barks her head off when she sees anything or anybody. So scary...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The only thing about the microchip (which Winston DOES have) that if someone brings their "dog" to a vet, there would be no reason for them to scan a chip to see if it's actually their dog. I have also heard of some people removing a microchip from a purebred dog. Here in TN there has been a huge increase in dog kidnappings... that's one reason I'm so glad my boxer barks her head off when she sees anything or anybody. So scary...
It is!

B

Baxter Tiberius

Not unless the power source is self contained kinda like one of those flash lights you shake. It is possible with the technology of today anything is possible. Some of the upper scale night clubs have a chip that can be injected under the skin and scanned by the bouncer as the people come in it contains all that persons information
Implantable chips can be scanned, yes. That's what the police will do if they find your dog. And what bouncers do. But those chips don't transmit data to a satellite. That requires a power supply that is constantly charged. And most devices like that are the size of a deck of cards, smallest.

This is the smallest GPS that technology has to offer right now. $700 and only logs where it has been. Doesn't transmit where it is. http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/micro+gps+mail+logger.do
This is the smallest GPS that actually transmits where it is in real time. Its 3x2 inches big and lasts 3 weeks between charges. http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/spark+nano+gps+tracking+device.do

So basically chips are only useful if found by someone who is holding a chip scanner in their hand.
Wonder how often that happens...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online