Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Vegas goes naked at home, we have a fenced in yard and he is microchipped. I do have a rabies tag that I keep in my dresser. I carry a laminated card from our vet that says he has had his rabie shot if I would ever need to show it.

Thats a really good idea to have the laminated card! Brie wears her collar if we go for walks or go out in the car. We don't have her microchipped yet, but will. We have a fenced in back yard I take her out in to play (there is no where she can get out) but I really like the idea of having a card w me just in case.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thats a really good idea to have the laminated card! Brie wears her collar if we go for walks or go out in the car. We don't have her microchipped yet, but will. We have a fenced in back yard I take her out in to play (there is no where she can get out) but I really like the idea of having a card w me just in case.

We don't go for walks here, it is way to hot in FL. the only time he goes bye-bye is to the vets or to get his nails dremeled and he wears a harness. That is why I carry a card so if anything would ever happen I can prove he is vaccinated.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Fse does not wear a collar unless he is staying at my daughters then he has two tags on and he is microchipped inside too.

emilymtz86

Jul 22, 2013
Waco, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Big Momma
All ours has 3.. name, rabies, and microchip tag... i haven't heard of a insurance tag??

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon has three his rabies tag, his name tag, and a tag that has our name address and phone number on it.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't keep tags on mine. Is that bad? They are chipped. I guess I could clip the rabies tag to their harness but I don't like the jingles .
We are required to have the tag attached to the dog at all times here as well as have all Bully Breeds registered with the city (which I think is stupid). I asked the first vet we took Sheldon to about getting him chipped and he said it was a useless expense because they don't automatically scan animals. I was like GRRRRR!!!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
We are required to have the tag attached to the dog at all times here as well as have all Bully Breeds registered with the city (which I think is stupid). I asked the first vet we took Sheldon to about getting him chipped and he said it was a useless expense because they don't automatically scan animals. I was like GRRRRR!!!

Mew are required here to to have them wear a rabies tag and a city tag. The city tag fee is $5 for altered dog and $50 for unaltered dog paid yearly. My dogs are never out off lead and never unsupervised.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Again, the first-time-dog-owner in me is wondering how many dog tags on a collar is 'normal'? Right now Ramsay has four - I think it's a lot!! He has his name tag, a city required dog-tag, his insurance policy tag, and then another one that he got after his rabies shot that has a QR barcode on it - fancy! But I'm not sure if they all are necessary. He jingles like an elf! But at least I always know where he is ;) Lots of bling for my bully

Thanks for posting this. That's the one thing I always forget to get Bust. Going to get one now. :D :nice:

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mew are required here to to have them wear a rabies tag and a city tag. The city tag fee is $5 for altered dog and $50 for unaltered dog paid yearly. My dogs are never out off lead and never unsupervised.

Neither are mine I was thinking if someone took him they would eventually have to take him to a vet and if he were chipped they would know he was doggynapped

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Buster is microchiped though. Like little robots! There's so much out there now. For crying out loud my phone has a gps on Busters chip!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Buster is microchiped though. Like little robots! There's so much out there now. For crying out loud my phone has a gps on Busters chip!!
How did you get the gps on Buster's chip? We have had a lot of stolen dogs here in our area, it scares me to let them out!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Its the chip company that sent it to me. KINDA COOL!!! LOL

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am going to talk to our current vet about the microchip, I don't let him out of my sight when he is outside he is on a leash and I am with him I don't let him in the back yard unless we are out there because I am scared someone will take him. Yet our first vet said it was a useless expense I thought this stuff went into a data base or something how can it be useless if he is taken and found because of technology. I have also thought of having his ear tattooed but I am afraid that would hurt him :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am going to talk to our current vet about the microchip, I don't let him out of my sight when he is outside he is on a leash and I am with him I don't let him in the back yard unless we are out there because I am scared someone will take him. Yet our first vet said it was a useless expense I thought this stuff went into a data base or something how can it be useless if he is taken and found because of technology. I have also thought of having his ear tattooed but I am afraid that would hurt him :(

You're a good mom Jenn. :)

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You're a good mom Jenn. :)

Thank you I just love him so much and want to do all that I can to ensure his safety.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.