How many dog tags does your bully have?

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
Again, the first-time-dog-owner in me is wondering how many dog tags on a collar is 'normal'? Right now Ramsay has four - I think it's a lot!! He has his name tag, a city required dog-tag, his insurance policy tag, and then another one that he got after his rabies shot that has a QR barcode on it - fancy! But I'm not sure if they all are necessary. He jingles like an elf! But at least I always know where he is ;) Lots of bling for my bully

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea only has 2 right now. Her name tag and insurance tag. She will soon have her rabies and AKC lost pet tag to go with them. We keep them on a carabineer and attach them to whichever harness she is going to wear while we are out. At home she doesn't wear a collar or harness.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston has 3 tags right now... Rabies, HomeAgain & an ID tag. I'm in the process of getting insurance so I'm sure that's next!!!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Fergus has 4 his ID tag, insurance tag, AKC tag and, registration/rabies tag. Oh yes he has a microchip also :yes:

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Bulldozer and Blossom have 3 each, one name tag, plus they are microchipped, one for rabies, and one for the required city licence. They are attached to their collars, but they don't wear a collar or harness in the house.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HRH has 3 that I rubber band together so they dont rattle. She is also microchipped. Another item she carries on her harness is a devise that plugs into a USB on a computer that has all her medical and contact files.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Another item she carries on her harness is a devise that plugs into a USB on a computer that has all her medical and contact files.

You know.... That is a fantastic idea. I never thought of doing that.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Tubby has 3. His name tag, rabies tag and his city required tag. They are attached to his collar but he goes naked at home! :p

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Harlea only has 2 right now. Her name tag and insurance tag. She will soon have her rabies and AKC lost pet tag to go with them. We keep them on a carabineer and attach them to whichever harness she is going to wear while we are out. At home she doesn't wear a collar or harness.

We do the same with Loki's we tend to keep all the important ones on which ever tag he wears the most. Then we take it off at home or at night makes the house a little quiter

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I don't keep tags on mine. Is that bad? They are chipped. I guess I could clip the rabies tag to their harness but I don't like the jingles .

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas goes naked at home, we have a fenced in yard and he is microchipped. I do have a rabies tag that I keep in my dresser. I carry a laminated card from our vet that says he has had his rabie shot if I would ever need to show it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.