Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many dog tags does your bully have?

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How many dog tags does your bully have?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    We are required to have the tag attached to the dog at all times here as well as have all Bully Breeds registered with the city (which I think is stupid). I asked the first vet we took Sheldon to about getting him chipped and he said it was a useless expense because they don't automatically scan animals. I was like GRRRRR!!!
    Buster is microchiped though. Like little robots! There's so much out there now. For crying out loud my phone has a gps on Busters chip!!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    Buster is microchiped though. Like little robots! There's so much out there now. For crying out loud my phone has a gps on Busters chip!!
    How did you get the gps on Buster's chip? We have had a lot of stolen dogs here in our area, it scares me to let them out!!!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Its the chip company that sent it to me. KINDA COOL!!! LOL

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am going to talk to our current vet about the microchip, I don't let him out of my sight when he is outside he is on a leash and I am with him I don't let him in the back yard unless we are out there because I am scared someone will take him. Yet our first vet said it was a useless expense I thought this stuff went into a data base or something how can it be useless if he is taken and found because of technology. I have also thought of having his ear tattooed but I am afraid that would hurt him

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I am going to talk to our current vet about the microchip, I don't let him out of my sight when he is outside he is on a leash and I am with him I don't let him in the back yard unless we are out there because I am scared someone will take him. Yet our first vet said it was a useless expense I thought this stuff went into a data base or something how can it be useless if he is taken and found because of technology. I have also thought of having his ear tattooed but I am afraid that would hurt him
    You're a good mom Jenn.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You're a good mom Jenn.
    Thank you I just love him so much and want to do all that I can to ensure his safety.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Baxter Tiberius

For crying out loud my phone has a gps on Busters chip!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    How did you get the gps on Buster's chip?
    Its the chip company that sent it to me. KINDA COOL!!! LOL
    What is the company name? Chip name? Website?
    From everything I read, its a myth that chips can provide GPS coordinates. However I have seen dog collars that are GPS capable.
    You'd need a power source that is implanted inside the dog for any GPS navigation to work, tied to your phone. If these do exist please provide details.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    What is the company name? Chip name? Website?
    From everything I read, its a myth that chips can provide GPS coordinates. However I have seen dog collars that are GPS capable.
    You'd need a power source that is implanted inside the dog for any GPS navigation to work, tied to your phone. If these do exist please provide details.
    Not unless the power source is self contained kinda like one of those flash lights you shake. It is possible with the technology of today anything is possible. Some of the upper scale night clubs have a chip that can be injected under the skin and scanned by the bouncer as the people come in it contains all that persons information

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

The only thing about the microchip (which Winston DOES have) that if someone brings their "dog" to a vet, there would be no reason for them to scan a chip to see if it's actually their dog. I have also heard of some people removing a microchip from a purebred dog. Here in TN there has been a huge increase in dog kidnappings... that's one reason I'm so glad my boxer barks her head off when she sees anything or anybody. So scary...

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    The only thing about the microchip (which Winston DOES have) that if someone brings their "dog" to a vet, there would be no reason for them to scan a chip to see if it's actually their dog. I have also heard of some people removing a microchip from a purebred dog. Here in TN there has been a huge increase in dog kidnappings... that's one reason I'm so glad my boxer barks her head off when she sees anything or anybody. So scary...
    It is!

Baxter Tiberius

Not unless the power source is self contained kinda like one of those flash lights you shake. It is possible with the technology of today anything is possible. Some of the upper scale night clubs have a chip that can be injected under the skin and scanned by the bouncer as the people come in it contains all that persons information
    Implantable chips can be scanned, yes. That's what the police will do if they find your dog. And what bouncers do. But those chips don't transmit data to a satellite. That requires a power supply that is constantly charged. And most devices like that are the size of a deck of cards, smallest.

This is the smallest GPS that technology has to offer right now. $700 and only logs where it has been. Doesn't transmit where it is. http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/pr...mail+logger.do
    This is the smallest GPS that actually transmits where it is in real time. Its 3x2 inches big and lasts 3 weeks between charges. http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/pr...king+device.do

So basically chips are only useful if found by someone who is holding a chip scanner in their hand.
    Wonder how often that happens...

Real Name
    Rachelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kirby
    Likes (Received)

Kirby has 3.
    I said I didn't want 4 kids, but I have a 4th and his name is Kirby

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads