Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
So I get home from work and Daisys outer part of her eye is all swollen. It looks like its like that all the way around. Any ideas. I already gave her half a Benedryl just in case its from a bug bite. Any ideas guys?? vbulletin_temp_upload.jpg

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
So I get home from work and Daisys outer part of her eye is all swollen. It looks like its like that all the way around. Any ideas. I already gave her half a Benedryl just in case its from a bug bite. Any ideas guys??View attachment 50657

Great job with the benadryl! Is she scratching it? Does she stay inside or out while you are gone?

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
wipe it with a cool damp cloth, to blot away any substance and that will get you a better look around to see if there is a bug bite. good luck!!

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
No! She is totally fine. Like nothing is wrong.. And she stays in her crate while we are gone.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Awww poor Daisy :( I hope it clears up some, if not you may want to ask the vet. It looks really swollen

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
Hello!! Harley gets this sniffing evergreen bushes or if he outside when grass gets cut...usually gone next day. The vet has him on 4 benadryl a day, harley is 75 lbs..Good luck, hope this helps!!

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
That is really strange let us know tomorrow how it is. We will be thinking of her.

Well she gets into everything she possibly can. So it wouldnt surprise me...lol But ya it was terribly swollen last night. But good news, her eye looked about 90% better this morning :) Yay Thanks for your thoughts guys!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well she gets into everything she possibly can. So it wouldnt surprise me...lol But ya it was terribly swollen last night. But good news, her eye looked about 90% better this morning :) Yay Thanks for your thoughts guys!!

GOOD NEWS!!!! :up: Buster sends a big wet kiss to Daisy!:D

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie

Yaaay! So lad to gear that! :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Glad to hear she is feeling better, and the eye has improved. It could still be from a bug bite, even though she was inside, bugs can crawl in through cracks, we get ants and spiders in my house, and the darn Mosquitos get in as well. Or it may be allergy related, as Benadryl seemed to help. Just keep an eye on her to see if it happens again, to see if there's something she's coming in contact with that may be causing the reaction. Good luck, hopefully it doesn't return, sending hugs, love and prayers your way.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I'd keep a very close eye on it, we just went through that with Otis - not sure if it was a bug bite or not but in a matter of two days he developed an ulcer that he is still being treated for. Wishing you all the best.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Glad to hear she is feeling better, and the eye has improved. It could still be from a bug bite, even though she was inside, bugs can crawl in through cracks, we get ants and spiders in my house, and the darn Mosquitos get in as well. Or it may be allergy related, as Benadryl seemed to help. Just keep an eye on her to see if it happens again, to see if there's something she's coming in contact with that may be causing the reaction. Good luck, hopefully it doesn't return, sending hugs, love and prayers your way.

Lmao... I almost doubt it was a bug bite... hehehe she eats any bug that she comes in contact with.. But who knows one of those lil things could of got her while she was sleeping..lol Thanks for the well wishes... Mommy always has her on her... Lol Im too over protective when Im home..

- - - Updated - - -

I'd keep a very close eye on it, we just went through that with Otis - not sure if it was a bug bite or not but in a matter of two days he developed an ulcer that he is still being treated for. Wishing you all the best.

Oh I will :) thanks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.