Improvement

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I'm very excited today about Ruthie!!! So when we got her almost 4 years ago now, we knew she was severely abused and since has had issues with peoples feet and her belly, she obviously has been kicked at her former puppy mill home. Well usually if I try to roll her over to give her a good belly rubbin, she growls and puts up a fight or she'll let me roll her over...she NEVER voluntarily just rolls over for me. If she's laying on her side, she will let us, but she never ever goes on her back. So I have taken the approach of I'm not going to rub her belly until she voluntarily does it. She has never purposely rolled over for a belly rubbin except for today. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! I was outside with her at lunchtime and after she was done rubbing her back around the bushes in the yard she came over to me for some lovin, put her head to the ground and rolled over and let me rub her belly. It was only about a 5 second belly rub but i'll take it. I'm very proud of her!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Aww that is precious! One of Daisys favorite things are belly rubs. Like she would let you do that all day. Its the cutest thing. So glad you were able to do it :)

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Atta girl Ruthie!!!! I can just imagine how exciting that was for you! I don't know why but I have tears streaming down my face right now I'm just so happy for you 2.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww that is precious! One of Daisys favorite things are belly rubs. Like she would let you do that all day. Its the cutest thing. So glad you were able to do it :)
Thank you! I'd rub Daisy's belly all day! Hopefully this will be a common thing now with Ruthie.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atta girl Ruthie!!!! I can just imagine how exciting that was for you! I don't know why but I have tears streaming down my face right now I'm just so happy for you 2.
Thank you!! I'm pretty stoked about it, I hope it becomes a common theme but if it never happens again i'm happy for this time!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

I'm with Stephanie on this, I bawled like a baby when Brutus cowed from me as I lost my temper
w/him, I wasn't sure if he was threatening me or not (he'd curled his lip) then I realized the look
was FEAR. Oh, it broke my heart and I sank down and gathered him to me just crying & crying while
he tried to console me. I never yelled at him for anything after that, when he started playing w/toys
or w/me and feeling free enough to make noise or ruff house...I know HOW you feel right now.

I'm so thrilled...Congratulations and great job...both of you!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
That is so wonderful. We share your joy and excitement!!! Way to let go Ruthie! Everyone loves you!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow that is so wonderful!!! :heart:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Thank you!! I'm pretty stoked about it, I hope it becomes a common theme but if it never happens again i'm happy for this time!

Thanks for sharing such a special moment with us. Such trust it took for her to do that. That says a lot of amazing things about you.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad that she found you guys... Thanks for sharing ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions