Chums oil portrait

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
A few months back I bid on a personalized oil painting of your dog on a bulldog rescue auction page and won. I sent in a pic of Chum and forgot all about it until yesterday when the painter sent me a copy..I absolutely love it and think she did a great job! I've been getting different opinions though from others...my wife likes it but isn't crazy about it..maybe i'm just biased because it's of Chumley?...but I'm interested in some honest feedback! I mean its not a photograph so you cant expect it to look like one but I really think she did a beautiful job! oil.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I think it's nice, does look like him. Is more abstract tho if that's the right word but def looks like him.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I think its a great picture of Chumley! For some reason it reminds me of the oil painting of Kramer. Just that stern look on him.

So freaking cute! I would love a painting like that of Tubbs

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
It's a great oil painting of Chum! It isn't perfect, but it has a lot of charm. like you said, it isn't a photograph. it Looks like Chum and captures the royal heir about him. I really like it!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I like it too. I think it looks like him. By the way, I LOVE his name!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I LIKE IT!!.... Can you post the picture you sent to them so we can compare..... but I love something about the eyes.

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I LIKE IT!!.... Can you post the picture you sent to them so we can compare..... but I love something about the eyes.
Thats funny you should mention the eyes..my wife said she thought they were funny (i told her she doesnt appreciate fine art like i do lol)..I admit it doesnt look exactly like the picture but i think the pic was just used for her to see what he looks like..not to duplicate exactly..Thanks for the comments.I really do like it and i gues thats all that matters right? Its going to hang proudly in my mancave! This is the pic i sent ther.. chair.jpg

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I think too she did a FANTASTIC job!!! Stunning! :up:

I like it too. I think it looks like him. By the way, I LOVE his name!

I think it is beautiful and would be proud to hang in my home :yes:

:2thumbs: I love it, it's a beautiful portrait of the Chumster.

It's a great oil painting of Chum! It isn't perfect, but it has a lot of charm. like you said, it isn't a photograph. it Looks like Chum and captures the royal heir about him. I really like it!

I love it!

I think its a great picture of Chumley! For some reason it reminds me of the oil painting of Kramer. Just that stern look on him.

So freaking cute! I would love a painting like that of Tubbs

It is a nice rendition of The Chum!! ;)

I think it's nice, does look like him. Is more abstract tho if that's the right word but def looks like him.

Thank you everyone i was looking for honest opinions..I like it more and more as i look at it. Captures his essence!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not exact... but I rally like it

attachment.php
attachment.php

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.