My sick meatball...

asuman1179

Jan 9, 2012
Denver,CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
It has been long few days. Meatball and I are still up because he is walking around bed because he stomach is still hurting. I am waiting for him to get sick.

The story is almost 4 months ago meatball was getting sick around the house one day could not figure out what his problem was until I found end of a Nayla bone missing. Took him to see Dr G in Denver to do XRays. He came back clean.

Well fast forward to this past Sun. I woke at 5 am with Meatball getting sick in bed. I take him out where he gets sick again. It happened at least 10 timed before 8 am. He did not want food so I knew something major was wrong. Took him into VCA to get checked out. We got to see the xrays and what do you know a bone part been inside for 4 months. They we going to do surgery for him shortly. When they were preparing him for surgery he got sick again and it came up. They did more Xrays and could not see anything.

Mon stayed home with him and glad that I did because he became sick two more times and would not eat the Dry food the vet told us to buy for stomach issues. Went back in and suggested wet food. He ate the food and seemed great.

Tues stayed home in the am where I feed him more dry food with the wet. Looking great when I left him. Came home 4 hrs late had the runs in two place in the house. Just thinking food is new could not hold it. He had dinner went for a walk where he saw a few buddies that he ran with for 2 mins. Going back home he got sick off dinner in yard. Got him cleaned up a in bed with wife where he got sick again. Wet food makes a mess! Took him out for fresh air and some grass. Came back in and was sick in 5 mins. Called vet and our Dr will be back in at 7 am. Will need to do Ultra Sound to double check nothing else is inside. I just wish he would fall asleep tonight because the walking every 5-10 mins does not help me sleep. Sorry for long post just can't sleep.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hope the ultrasound goes well and they find what is making Meatball so sick. Keep us posted.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Poor Meatball hope they find what is making him sick and he gets better real soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry about Meatball, I hope they can figure out what's making him so sick... Keep us posted!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I am so sorry to hear, but I know what you are going through, our bulldog bazza got hold of one of the kids plastic toys, we didn't know, we believe this toy had been in for weeks not sure, first of all, he was on and off food, and was sick here and there. Then one day, he threw up inside and outside 10 or more times, he looked funny when he walked, like in pain, he was not happy, tail was not wagging, took him to the vet, worst drive ever, he just sat there I was worried he might be so sick and not make it, the vet felt his tummy and could feel something, then they did an xray they could see something in his bowel, they did emergency surgery lucky for us none of the bowel died off which can happen. He is now fully over it, never throws up hardly, but I look back and wonder how long it had been in there, as he seemed for weeks on and off throwing up and going off his food. This only happened a few months ago, so I really really do no how you feel, Anyway its horrible seeing you bully so sick, hope all goes well, let us know.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, so sorry you and Meatball are going through this, and I hope the vet finds out what is wrong with him. I have a male who eats everything and everything, but he especially loves sweat socks. He threw up one, and the other one he passed through his poop. He also passed a dish cloth. He's cost us lots of vet money, but thankfully so far he's passed what he's swallowed, and we have dodged the surgery bullet, but he's so fast and sneaky, when he grabs stuff he hides under the dining room chairs, they have a skirt on them, or if he's outside he would go under the car and swallow whatever he had, like rocks, pinecones, paper, so now he is always on a leash outside so he can't grab stuff, and if he does I can take it out of his mouth, at least he lets me do that, and never bites me. Silly boy. I hope Meatball feels better soon. Keep us posted on what the vet says and how he's doing. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
so sorry :( anxious to hear how meatball is doing !

HoochsMom

May 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Poor Meatball............it hurts so much when your bully babies are sick...........I am hoping to see a positive post soon that says Meatball is on the mend. Keep us posted!

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Hope meatball gets well soon. Hope the Ultra Sound goes well and leads the vets to solving his problem quick. Get better meatball.

OP
A

asuman1179

Jan 9, 2012
Denver,CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Thanks for all the post. We are at vet now waiting to do the Ultra sound. Hope they can find something or give us some ideas on how to get back to normal.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
To say this sucks is the understatement of the week! I am so very sorry to read about what all of you have been through over the past 4 months. I hope you'll get some great news today and all will be "right as rain" asap. Please keep us posted.
Thoughts and prayers are with ya'll.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wow...I'm sad to hear how sick Meatball's been and praying right now,
they FIND the problem. I'm wondering if there's a small piece left in OR
damage done internally from the piece left in so long before throwing up.

Sending hugs of comfort to you...your worry for him makes me sick for you.

Praying now for all...GOD be with you.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I am so sorry to hear about meatball :nope:. I hope the vet can give you some answers today and that he is on the mend soon. :pray:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.