Bully baby gates?

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
I wasn't sure if I should put this in training or not, but thought there was more traffic here...if I need to move it on over, I will. :)

So we have two large doorways that need to be blocked off from baby Kahleesi that are over 73" wide. Does anyone have any recs for large baby gates that are strong enough to keep her from busting through them? (and that my short 5'2" legs can hurdle?) :help1:

Is this dumb question? haha

(I've been searching for one, but can't find any that aren't super expensive)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
No stupid questions here, I haven't used the ones that are permanently installed, but we do have a 5' opening we close off with two of the plastic play pin sctions together and the bullies don't go through them even though they could easily move it out of the way. I guess ours are used to the baby gates.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
There are some online that are that wide or have extensions you can get for them and there are others that are semi permanent that are only 24" high. The ones we have are metal with extensions for a 62" opening that have doors in them.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
i have a long metal one, i was able to get it from craigslist for less then $20, , and check yard sales you never know what you'll find!!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
We use a pen lengthened out to block off larger areas. We also had a baby gate o block off a hallway. Def check online cos you might be lucky and find a bunch of different ones to choose from cheaper then pet supply stores or Walmart, target etch.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I could be wrong but I believe [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] has a wider opening that she partitions off?????

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What you could look into are the 'x-pens' they are folding crates that you can set up in a circle or place across a wide opening.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My in-laws have one like in the picture below, they have 3 big dogs that jump on it all the time and it stays put and has for a few years. The opening they have it in is probably like 5 feet.

unnamed.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I could be wrong but I believe [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] has a wider opening that she partitions off?????

I did, never found the perfect gate though. The one I had had a little door latch in it. once we attached it eventually they could bust it down with their strenth. The sections where you adjust and tighten kept busting too. Not worth the $100+ we spent that is for sure. :(

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Another option maybe just throwing it out there try getting some chicken wore and command strip or hook the corners on the walls. Just make sure that you put a few pieces of fabric on it so that she can see it. Loki never tried to climb over the gate or bust through so I am not sure if my idea would really work. Good luck

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
Still looking for options. I've found baby gates with extensions like the one that TessaandSamson posted, but for the lengths that we need it will cost almost $200. Ouch. My husband isn't too thrilled about that, especially when we're about to fork over $2k on training. I've been scouring Craigslist and Amazon like crazy. I need to get this figured out! She comes home in only 2 weeks!! :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Saw a baby gate at a garage sale a couple weeks ago for $15. Sorry now that I didnt get it. Keep looking!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I have this one:
Richell-Extra Wide Tension Mount Pet Gate (Cherry Wood version)
4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com
See all reviews (65 customer reviews)
with the expansion panels. Worked GREAT and is nice furniture too.

I don't use it anymore -- but if we need to, we have it. :-)

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online