Here's Henry!

AmyG89

Jul 30, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Hey all, I just wanted to introduce you to my new baby, Henry. I picked him up on Saturday (also his 1st birthday) and he has been amazing! He is just a big ole' lovey mush head :)

He's my first english bulldog so I just wanted to ask some opinions on a few things. His previous owners were feeding him science diet (yuck!) and I switched him to Fromm Pork & Peas. He loves it and we haven't had any issues with the transition. I'm feeding 1 cup in the morning and 1 in the evening, is this enough food? Also, I notice his muzzle turns pink after eating which lasts for a few hours. Is this a "bulldog" thing?

He is crazy friendly with anyone and everyone. He wants nothing more than to be as close to people as possible and gets slobbery and jumpy when anyone is anywhere near him. Is this something that neutering will help?

I'm posting a few pictures so you can see him, does he look like he's in good shape in the full body shot? I can't really see his ribs but his waist looks thin to me??

photo (4).jpgphoto (5).jpgphoto (6).jpgphoto (7).jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read! Henry & I are excited to be apart of this community :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Oh my goodness! Look at that kissable face! :welcome: Both of you! From my experience, that is a great food...dogs noses can turn pink w allergies. Could be the food even tho it is grain free....Make sure he is he eating and drinking out of stainless steel bowls. Bullies can have issues w ceramic and plastic. More ppl will pop over here and have suggestions and excellent thoughts...just hang in there!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Wow...what a sweetie pie, Congratulations! He looks a bit thin to me BUT
Fromm's is such a better, nutritionally better food so he will adsorb more of
it than the other, I'd keep him on a cup each meal and give him a couple months
on it then see. Stainless steel bowls only, he may be reacting to pork as an allergen
altho, it takes at least a month to clear old food from their systems so again, reassess
him in a month and see what you think. Be firm about NO JUMPING on people, use a
leash (keep on him in the house) and then you've got control to tug him down. It
won't take long for him to get it. Welcome to EBN & GOD bless y'all.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I just want to squish that little face! Henry is soooo cute! Welcome. He does look a little thin, but I'm thinking he'll fill out pretty quick now that you have him on the good stuff. Half of my Dudley's face is white -- when he gets excited, really tired or when he has just eaten, the white side tends to get red, but it usually goes away pretty quickly. When he's really tired, the white fur/skin around his eye gets red...goes away after a nap. More folks will be along to add some advice I'm sure. Meanwhile WELCOME!!!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Hello & Welcome!!!! Your boy Henry is too precious! Thanks for the photos (you've been trained well, LOL). I could kiss every wrinkle on that precious little face.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Oh look at that squishy face! He is a cutie pie :heart:. Like the other said he looks a bit thin but will fill out with the change in food. Cant wait to see more pictures :D

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Welcome! Look at that cute face... he's such a handsome fella! I'm sure with some good food he will start filling out nicely. Aubie's face gets pink/red sometimes after playing or chewing. I haven't noticed it after eating, but it usually because she's rubbing her face on whatever beforehand. I know since she gets nose to floor/bowl/toy, her face rubs (since it's so flat!) and it gets pink but it goes away rather quickly.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and Henry is a good looking boy. The red on his nuzzle could just be from eating out of his bowl since is goes away shortly after he eats. What type of bowl are you feeding him out of, Stainless Steel is the best. Plastic are not that great for them. It's hard to tell from the pics, but he does look a little thin, but two cups of food a day should be good for him. Give it about a month and see if he fills out a little more, now that you have him on a good food. Plus the first year they are a little lanky anyway and will fill out the second year.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:welcome: and you have a very handsome boy there! I feed 1 cup in the a.m. and 1 cup in the p.m. for years now, and as [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] said SS bowls is the way to go! Also after every time he drinks you should dry his chin. I keep Shammies by the water bowl because they are super absorbent and give Vegas a wipe down every time he drinks to keep his chin in order.

OP
AmyG89

AmyG89

Jul 30, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I appreciate all the advice. I'm sure I will be back with more questions and plenty of pictures to share!! =)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The crew have you covered with great advice!!

:welcome3: to EBN.... Henry is FANTASTICALLY GORGEOUS!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.