So proud of Spunky

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
I just wanted to take a minute and say how proud of Spunky we are. We've put a lot of time, effort, and money into her well being and last night I had a PROUD MOMMY moment!

It was late and my husband took her outside to use the restroom before bed (apartment complex). As they were walking back inside, this dog started to charge (no leash, arrrrrg!!!!) spunky stood tall in front of my husband and growled to back off, but the dog went to nip. By this time, my husband kicked (more of a "get off my dog" shove) and saved spunky from getting bit, though the dog did bite my husbands foot in the mix. Spunky then got mad he bit at her daddy and went to attack but as my husband firmly said "no!" And tugged the collar a little bit she backed off immediately and stood by his side.

We did get the dogs owner info, and went to an urgent care for a tetanus shot, but everyone is OK.

I'm just SOOOOOO PROUD OF MY BABY girl for 1. Standing up for her daddy in a time of threat 2. Backing down I mistakenly from a potential blood bath by listening to my husband...she went inside shaken up but not a scratch on her :) my husbands is minor and he'll be fine also ;)

YAYAYAYAYAYA SPUNKY!!!!!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Gosh that scary, but I'm so glad that Spunky & your husband weren't seriously hurt!!! Bullies will protect their owners to no end, my Bella would stand next to me at the doggie park in case some strange dog came over for some loving!!! LOL

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Wow! Good job to Spunky! AND to you both for taking the time with her to help her become the awesome dog she is! :clap2:

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
It was very scary...thank you guys for sharing in my celebrating :)

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Spunky is a good girl, protecting AND listening to Daddy! :2thumbs:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
ATTA GIRL SPUNK!!!!! You protect daddy! I think that deserves an extended belly rub & some sort of delicious treat

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just wanted to take a minute and say how proud of Spunky we are. We've put a lot of time, effort, and money into her well being and last night I had a PROUD MOMMY moment!

It was late and my husband took her outside to use the restroom before bed (apartment complex). As they were walking back inside, this dog started to charge (no leash, arrrrrg!!!!) spunky stood tall in front of my husband and growled to back off, but the dog went to nip. By this time, my husband kicked (more of a "get off my dog" shove) and saved spunky from getting bit, though the dog did bite my husbands foot in the mix. Spunky then got mad he bit at her daddy and went to attack but as my husband firmly said "no!" And tugged the collar a little bit she backed off immediately and stood by his side.

We did get the dogs owner info, and went to an urgent care for a tetanus shot, but everyone is OK.

I'm just SOOOOOO PROUD OF MY BABY girl for 1. Standing up for her daddy in a time of threat 2. Backing down I mistakenly from a potential blood bath by listening to my husband...she went inside shaken up but not a scratch on her :) my husbands is minor and he'll be fine also ;)

YAYAYAYAYAYA SPUNKY!!!!!!!

Well Done Spunky!!!!!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you for sharing this awesome report!

I'm proud of ALL of you, y'all for being the great, caring pawrents you are
and Spunky for learning so well and listening AND obeying Daddy.

Knowing she got her fav treat, lol GOD bless y'all
:2thumbs:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.