Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 22

Thread: I think I have a billygoat

  1. #1
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,479
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2584

    Default I think I have a billygoat

    Ok. I know many dogs eat grass from time to time because some like it and others because they have an upset stomach. I think I need to have a DNA test done on Harlea because I think she is part billygoat. She doesn't do it all the time, but when it is getting close to time for the weekly yard work she goes in to overdrive and starts grazing various patches of the taller grass around the yard like it is evil or something. Is this normal or should I be worried?

  2. #2
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    Lol she is a bullygoat She is so cute. Maybe she is eating it cos her tummy is upset? I've always read dogs eat grass when that s the case..but not sure to what extent it's ok. I know I they eat too much they will throw up.

  3. #3
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,479
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2584

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    That's the odd thing. She is acting fine and being her usual rowdy self. No signs of distress or irritation at all no running to the door excessively to go out or anything that would point to signs of an upset tummy. She loves to demolish any leaf she find on the ground as well.

  4. #4
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    Well maybe she just likes it? Or is trying to get some nutrients from it? She isn't throwing up tho right? The grass makes them throw up which is actually what makes them feel better as weird as that is.

  5. #5
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,479
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2584

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    Nope. She never throws up. Doesn't even gag.

  6. #6
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    Well then the bullygoat theory is the winner! Lol I think dogs just eat it if and when they can. maybe they hunt it and it tastes good. Brie attacks n tries to demolish leaves as well...especially if they move!

  7. #7
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,636
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    Hi, welcome to bully world. Lol. It is very normal. I also have a BullyGoat, my Dozer eats anything that's not nailed down, he eats grass, and when the landscapers come into our complex and cut the grass, he will dive into the piles and grab as much as he can and eat it. I keep him away on the days they cut the grass, but he eats many other things outside like stones, pinecones, sticks, pieces of wood, paper , bugs, leaves, and then there are the things that are inside he has eaten socks twice, a dish cloth, paper towel, and who knows what else? He has always passed the objects either by throwing it up, or pooping it out. Yep we have bully goats.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  8. #8
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,479
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2584

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi, welcome to bully world. Lol. It is very normal. I also have a BullyGoat, my Dozer eats anything that's not nailed down, he eats grass, and when the landscapers come into our complex and cut the grass, he will dive into the piles and grab as much as he can and eat it. I keep him away on the days they cut the grass, but he eats many other things outside like stones, pinecones, sticks, pieces of wood, paper , bugs, leaves, and then there are the things that are inside he has eaten socks twice, a dish cloth, paper towel, and who knows what else? He has always passed the objects either by throwing it up, or pooping it out. Yep we have bully goats.
    Ok I feel a bit better now. I knew they liked to eat almost anything they could get their mouths on but just wasn't too sure about the whole grass situation. Being that she doesn't show signs of distress or illness I will just keep an eye on it and not let her go overboard with it.

  9. #9
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    Just asked the vets office about eating grass..they called to check on Brie. They sad eating grass is normal and very typical and as long as she isn't showing signs of illness or over eating it..not to worry. But to make sure the grass she is munching on does not have any chemicals on it

  10. #10
    Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    373
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    Completely normal in my house. Luca loves to eat grass, upset stomach or not.

    If my dog doesn't doesnt go to heaven then neither am I.





  11. #11
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,479
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2584

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    Just asked the vets office about eating grass..they called to check on Brie. They sad eating grass is normal and very typical and as long as she isn't showing signs of illness or over eating it..not to worry. But to make sure the grass she is munching on does not have any chemicals on it
    The only thing we have done to our yard is our bi-monthly exterminator visits and everything they use is pet friendly/safe so even if she did get a hold of it she would have to consume a minimum of 5 pounds before she got sick so I am not too worried about that. The good thing is we haven't had ants or fleas in the yard for 14 years.

  12. #12
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: I think I have a billygoat

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Ok. I know many dogs eat grass from time to time because some like it and others because they have an upset stomach. I think I need to have a DNA test done on Harlea because I think she is part billygoat. She doesn't do it all the time, but when it is getting close to time for the weekly yard work she goes in to overdrive and starts grazing various patches of the taller grass around the yard like it is evil or something. Is this normal or should I be worried?
    Totally normal. Buster grew out of it but when he was that age he would do it. Almost like it was an attention getter. He still always is PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •