New puppy

Harleqiun

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
I have a 15 week bulldog who recently started hacking and gaging like she has a hairball to get up i brought her to the vet and her lungs r clear. Now it is becoming constant and she is becoming exhausted from all the hacking am taking her back to vet again today i am very nervous not sure what is going on anyone have any of these issues with their bully

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Not sure but more expericed members will come by and help.

Just wanted to say WELCOME and so glad you've joined us!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site first off.... I am no expert and I am sure they will be along soon enough, but if the lungs are clear do you know if she has swallowed something that could be causing a blockage in her tummy? Does she sound phlegmy?

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
My boy did the same thing when he was young. They called it "reverse sneezing" attributed to airborne allergies. He did it for a couple of months and then it stopped on its own. To south it we squirted a little lemon juice in his mouth. Definitely go to vet to confirm though.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Welcome to the site... I'm sorry I don't have any experience w/what you are dealing with :nope:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Welcome to EBN! Have they done X-rays to see if there is any bacteria in her trachea or lungs? It also could be her soft palate if she is gagging a lot and her symptoms occur after any kind of excitement (which for a puppy is anything lol) Brie had pneumonia when she was 8weeks and her lungs sounded clear. She also had issues w her palate that needed to be fixed. It was through an X-ray that they could see some gunk in her. I hope she feels better soon! The lemon juice squirt in her month might give her some relief if she is phlegmy.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, and welcome to you and Harley. I'm sorry you're going through this with your baby. There are so many worries with these little guys, just like babies. I'm sorry I don't have any experience with coughing, but some causes of coughing or gagging in dogs can be a blockage of some sort, Kennel Cough, your dog doesn't need to have been in a kennel to get kennel cough, they can pick it up outside as well, Heartworm, Pneumonia, although your vet has checked his lungs and has said they are clear. Has he had a chest X-ray? It can also be caused by Heart disease, reverse sneezing, or from an allergic reaction to something in the environment, you could try giving him a Benadryl, to see if he gets any relief , to see if it may be allergy related. A trip back to the vet for some further testing would be a good idea if it doesn't go away. I hope you are able to figure out the cause, and that Harley feels better soon. Good luck, and pls keep us posted on how Harley is doing.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
BTW... Love your user name. It is part of my baby's AKC name. :) Looks like we have another Harley in the house... WOOF WOOF...

OP
Harleqiun

Harleqiun

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Just back from the vet poor harley has a slight case of pneumonia. But she is feeling better already so hopefully with the medicine she will be back to normal soon

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Just back from the vet poor harley has a slight case of pneumonia. But she is feeling better already so hopefully with the medicine she will be back to normal soon

I'm glad they figured out what's going on... Hopefully she will feel better soon ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Harleqiun

Harleqiun

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Thanks we have german shepherds not used to this breed know she is going to be alot of work and i am just so anxious about her health

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
:smileywelcome: hope your baby gets better soon. Yes they are a lot of work but its worth it.

Srhendon

Jul 24, 2013
FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Kinda sounds a little bit like kennel cough. Does her body expand when she coughs? I posted some videos

Hope she gets better!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Poor little girl!! Hoep you gets better quickly.

HUG to her and please keep us posted

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.