regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Hi,

I moved to China two years ago, just looking for other Bulldog owners in my area. I currently have two Bulldogs, Ah-Bo and Lily.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Sorry, I'm not in China but I dont want you to think your post wasnt seen. WELCOME ! ! ! ! we did have 1 bully in China, but they recently came back to the US (HAWAII I think, or maybe it was my other bulldog group)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN, there is a wealth of knowledge & experience here and
very willingly shared by kind & friendly people.

Love your bullies names and looking forward to seeing pics of them!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. I am not sure if any members are currently residing in China, but if there are chances are they will find this post.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
If you are looking for bulldogs in china might find some on the menu.............. Just kidding, just kidding.... But not really.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hi,

I moved to China two years ago, just looking for other Bulldog owners in my area. I currently have two Bulldogs, Ah-Bo and Lily.

I just came back from your fair city! While I was there, I could count the dogs I spotted on two hands too. I was always excited to see someone on a leash, headed somewhere with their human. In Ningbo, I saw two poodles. Downtown Shenzhen, I saw one Chow Chow mix and a couple of teacup poodles -- white. I did see what someone in our group assumed was a "wild dog" in a park near the News Building. It looked like a small Akita or Skipperkee (spelling).

Had I seen two Bulldogs walking down the street (clearly, you walk them at night since it's a thousand degrees there in the daytime) I would have FLIPPED!!!!

Welcome to EBN. I love your country and I cannot wait to go back! My Chinese hosts were WONDERFUL. I really did have the best time even though it was all work, work, work!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think you are the first I have read being in China..... :hiya: and :welcome3: to EBN

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Welcome to EBN. Hope you find someone else there with bulldogs.

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Thanks guys for the warm welcome, glad I joined this web group. Christine, I'm not the only one with Bulldogs in China, I'm just the only British Chinese who cares about dogs and want to find out more on how to give them a better life. Vicki, yes I walk them 5am and 10pm, any other time would just be crazy hot! lol. As most of you know, animals don't really have any rights in China. It took me months to find a place that had healthy Bulldogs, forget about about breeders here, they are no different then the damn pet stores!. All stores keep their dogs in small cages all day, I've seen many dogs with skin issues but when I asked the shop keeper about it, they just tell me they have no time to clean, treat or walk their dogs. If this was in England, all the shops would have been shut down by the RSPCA. My bulldogs are healthy but not good enough to breed, Ive been told there are no Bulldogs in China thats good enough to breed, most are not to standard. My Bullies are a part of my family, they live indoors with us and run around our garden when ever they want. I have also put them on a raw diet with rice and it has made a great improvement, Lily slim down to her proper weight and Ah-Bo is growing correctly. Ive been lucky, didnt have any issues when switching over to raw.

Anyway just want to thank you guys again for the warm welcome. I will post some pics as soon as I work out how! lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks guys for the warm welcome, glad I joined this web group. Christine, I'm not the only one with Bulldogs in China, I'm just the only British Chinese who cares about dogs and want to find out more on how to give them a better life. Vicki, yes I walk them 5am and 10pm, any other time would just be crazy hot! lol. As most of you know, animals don't really have any rights in China. It took me months to find a place that had healthy Bulldogs, forget about about breeders here, they are no different then the damn pet stores!. All stores keep their dogs in small cages all day, I've seen many dogs with skin issues but when I asked the shop keeper about it, they just tell me they have no time to clean, treat or walk their dogs. If this was in England, all the shops would have been shut down by the RSPCA. My bulldogs are healthy but not good enough to breed, Ive been told there are no Bulldogs in China thats good enough to breed, most are not to standard. My Bullies are a part of my family, they live indoors with us and run around our garden when ever they want. I have also put them on a raw diet with rice and it has made a great improvement, Lily slim down to her proper weight and Ah-Bo is growing correctly. Ive been lucky, didnt have any issues when switching over to raw.

Anyway just want to thank you guys again for the warm welcome. I will post some pics as soon as I work out how! lol

Well..your Bully's are very lucky indeed.. Just make yourself at home and maybe you will stumble upon someone else near you! :)

OP
regassam

regassam

Jul 28, 2013
shenzhen, china
Country
china
Bulldog(s) Names
ah-bo, lily and gigi
Here are pics of Ah-Bo and Lily (Lily is the fat white one! lol)
This was taken the first day I bought her back so as you can see, she is covered in red rash and her coat is a little thin but she is much better now.
IMG_20130717_093121.jpgIMG_20130717_134736.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130717_093058.jpg
    IMG_20130717_093058.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 123

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Hello& Welcome! So nice to meet you, Lily & Ah-bo. Thanks for the pictures, they are adorable! Good luck with the skin issues. Please keep us updated and more pictures, please!

Ambikay

Sep 27, 2020
Country
USA but living in China
Bulldog(s) Names
Theo
Hi,

Hi, I know your post was years ago but I recently moved to China from the USA and I thought I could bring my English bulldog over next month once weather is cooler but I just found out his breed is banned in my city. Is there any way to get around this that you know is? A fee? A loophole?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Hi, I know your post was years ago but I recently moved to China from the USA and I thought I could bring my English bulldog over next month once weather is cooler but I just found out his breed is banned in my city. Is there any way to get around this that you know is? A fee? A loophole?

I got good news for you... the restriction for English Bulldogs in Shenzhen got lifted last January! You can now apply for a registration ID for your bully. Good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.