Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, everyone, we went out today to downtown Oakville, and walked down the street looking at all the stores and boutiques. Oakville has to be the most dog friendly town I've ever seen, doggies are welcome in every store, except for the food stores or restaurants of course, and almost every store or corner has water bowls for your pets to drink, plus a lot of the stores have treats for them as well. It is my old neighbourhood, and I miss it, so we go every once in a while to walk, window shop and go down to the lake and enjoy the water, parks, and scenery. The only problem is that it takes us an hour to walk each block, as the puparazzi is always out in full force, everyone stops to pet, play, ask questions, and take lots of pictures of our babies, with either their cell phones, I pass, or cameras. A lot of people have seen them grow up from puppies, and remember them, they can't believe how much they've grown. Today I talked to a lot of people, and it's a great time to share and educate people on the EB breed, and of course I always mention and talk up EBN. I think I recruited about 4 or 5 people today, so we may be getting some new members. One guy and his wife in particular wanted to rescue a bully, they had lots of questions, and are going to go on EBN.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Lol when we took Brie w us to NYC n the Cape, we got stopped so many times by ppl wanting to take pics of her and pet her. It was fantastic, but it took forever to go anywhere! It is great that they will be coming to EBN..this is the place to be in my opinion! Your babies are too darn cute btw!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sounds like a cool town. We don't have anything thing like that around here that I know of but Harlea does steal the show when we take her to PetSmart.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sounds like a cool town. We don't have anything thing like that around here that I know of but Harlea does steal the show when we take her to PetSmart.
Totally agree... I can't take Winston to PetSmart either. And then of course all the really crazy questions come out... LOL :blink:

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
That is so cool! I wish we had something like that around here. Id take Daisy out more often! Your babies are looking mighty cute ;)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's wonderful that they let dogs inside the stores!!!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah it is a pretty cool town, and a very pretty place as well. It's very dog friendly, and people friendly. People like to walk around and stop and talk to each other. There are a lot of really nice and one of a kind boutiques for clothes, shoes, and accessories, and Yoga stores like Lululemon, Avivva, and Titika, there are wonderful restaurants, and many coffee shops, such as Green Bean, Starbucks, Timothy's, and Tim Hortons, nice bakeries, and some really nice home furnishing stores. You can literally spend the whole day there and just stroll, window shop and shop for unique items or gifts. Then if you don't feel like shopping you walk down any of the side streets and you come to nice green parks, and trails, and a Marina, there is a long pier with a lighthouse, you can walk up, a lot of historical homes and buildings, two of which are museums one is a old post office, and the other is a old one room house. You can walk through them, also the parks have playgrounds, and picnic tables, and a Gazebo that you can have a picnic in. Lake Ontario runs along Lakeshore Road, and the trails, and you can walk, jog, bikeride, rollerblade and walk your dogs along the trails of the lake. It's quite an enjoyable day. Oakville also hosts many events throughout the year, they have a Santa Claus Parade, a midnight madness sale every July, where they close the streets off, have bands, street food, and sales, they do a Jazz Fest twice a year, family movies in the Square, and in October they have a fall fest.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great work Monica..... glad you had such an excellent day with the kiddies.

SMeyer13

Jun 13, 2013
South Carolina
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker

Tucker does the same thing. Took him last week and had 3/4 of the people from their grooming room stop and come see him. They were so happy that he went back a couple days later for a free bath / nail trim that I had a coupon for. He loves the attention he gets when he goes places, He's going to get a big head if I keep taking him places.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.