Why run

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know this happens to other people and always happens here. Every time Buster goes out in the backyard to :poo: when he's done he runs like a bat out of hell to get back in the house. He can really run too. Does anyone know why they run?? He doesn't do it anywhere else.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Luca has this weird compulsion to dart away from me right after he pinches off his last poop. I don't know why they do this. It's a pain in the *** quite frankly. Having this 56 pound bulldozer sprint away from me as I decend to pick up his poo. Throws me off balance. I have to warn anyone who walks him that this is going to happen. Maybe they run because of some seance of pride they have in what they just did it maybe its the opposite. Maybe they are running away from the shame of what they just did. :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm cracking up... BOTH of my bullies have done it, and I know that Winston did not learn this behavior from his Momma!!! I think this is just a BULLY THING!!! :rofl:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I know exactly what you mean, [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION]! Both Tate/Finn do this too...Tate especially will run like he's in a race for his life. It's quite peculiar/interesting and I wonder if most dogs do this or is it just our silly bullies?:bully:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sorry I have no experience with this. My Dozer hardly ever runs, he is my laid back, very lazy guy, he's happiest sleeping, and cuddling. Lol. Blossom has a lot more energy than her brother and she likes to run around in the park when she's playing, but they don't run after going potty, they both poop, and then scratch the ground where they went to try and bury it.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace does it too quite often, not every time but often. At other times he may glance back at it or just walk off but sometimes he runs from it like there is something in it that might get you

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Yesterday he took a dump and then spun around like he was trying to get to tail end and then took of running and I could see something hanging from his anus. Not a turd but something string like so I'm thinking what has he eaten now that is hung up in there. When I could finally get to him I assisted by pulling it out. It looked to me like a strand of tough fibrous grass, a wild native variety that grows around here that he is fond of eating.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Maybe they feel physically great after the poop n it gives them that zoomie kick?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Yesterday he took a dump and then spun around like he was trying to get to tail end and then took of running and I could see something hanging from his anus. Not a turd but something string like so I'm thinking what has he eaten now that is hung up in there. When I could finally get to him I assisted by pulling it out. It looked to me like a strand of tough fibrous grass, a wild native variety that grows around here that he is fond of eating.

Even though I would prefer he not eat it who knows it may be beneficial in some way. Perhaps I should incorporate some of it in my diet as well

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea doesn't run. She just does the chicken scratch thing and then goes about her business which is usually chasing leaves or mowing the grass.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
OMG!! Just had this conversation with my hubby this morning!! bogey almost took my arm off after his poop this morning. I usually brace for it, but he tricked me- finished his last "squeeze" got up calmly, so I started to bend over to scoop the :poo: and he took off running with me attached to him! He has been doing this almost every time, and today, I learned one of his new tricks!! He has also been showing his "psycho puppy" frenzy ( where he stops like a statue, ears go back, and watch out, because he starts running at full speed in the largest circle he can master!) Then he plops down, and it takes many treats to coax him to walk home. Oh the bully quirks we live with!!

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good of you to help out. Our Frenchy once had a stick hanging out which my wife was kind enough to help out with.:)

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca has this weird compulsion to dart away from me right after he pinches off his last poop. I don't know why they do this. It's a pain in the *** quite frankly. Having this 56 pound bulldozer sprint away from me as I decend to pick up his poo. Throws me off balance. I have to warn anyone who walks him that this is going to happen. Maybe they run because of some seance of pride they have in what they just did it maybe its the opposite. Maybe they are running away from the shame of what they just did. :)

HAHA!! Or having a 50 pound Bull running AT you after the pinch.:help1:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Maybe it is an innate thing since they are throwing off a scent when they poop. Arnold and Bertha do it as well.

OP
D

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG!! Just had this conversation with my hubby this morning!! bogey almost took my arm off after his poop this morning. I usually brace for it, but he tricked me- finished his last "squeeze" got up calmly, so I started to bend over to scoop the :poo: and he took off running with me attached to him! He has been doing this almost every time, and today, I learned one of his new tricks!! He has also been showing his "psycho puppy" frenzy ( where he stops like a statue, ears go back, and watch out, because he starts running at full speed in the largest circle he can master!) Then he plops down, and it takes many treats to coax him to walk home. Oh the bully quirks we live with!!

That's so cute!! Must be funny watching him run around like that!! Haha!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.