Why run

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Ella has just started doing this. She does the dirt scratchy thing, then zoom, shes off. Lucky for me it's in the back yard where I don't have her leashed, How ever now I have jinxed myself, she will now do this out on a walk, and I will end up with a face full of smelly Elie poo lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No freakin' clue, but it is highly entertaining!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I know this happens to other people and always happens here. Every time Buster goes out in the backyard to :poo: when he's done he runs like a bat out of hell to get back in the house. He can really run too. Does anyone know why they run?? He doesn't do it anywhere else.
Sheldon does this too I can only assume it means he feels better afterwards and feels like running LOL...Someone on here called it the "Zoomies" he gets the zoomies too where he runs from the living room to the kitchen through the dining room into the hallway and back into the living room in one fast circle.
Oh and he attacks the tree in the front yard trying to climb it...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
After Vegas is done he does the chicken scratch and takes off like a bat out of hell, when he gets in the house he does about 3 laps around the living room. He is 4.5 yrs old and always has done this.

Stang

Jun 24, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thunder
Thunder will take off sometimes, at least once a day.

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
Ramsay does the opposite! He'll run around like CRAZY before he goes poop! Then after he usually goes to sleep. At least I can always tell when he has to go! It's making house training a lot easier ;)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chum is a runner too! I can't believe how fast he is. It must be a Bully thing because he's at his fastest after he drops his morning poop.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
bazza always does a funny sort of four leg scratching as if to kick it away but always walks of with an extra bounce in his step very proud of himself

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Colossus is in great company after reading this thread. He will pinch it off, kind of turn around to look at it slowly stepping away, then BOOOM hes gone. Will run directly for me then one step before sharp right hand turn. Then up the stairs to get back inside.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I always as Momo if the devil is chasing her - that's how she acts. That or she thinks there's something in the house she's missing while being outside (nap time on the couch perhaps?)

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie kicks grass over it and then TAKES OFF...she makes laps around the yard, we call it "bully gone wild".

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online