DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I know bullies love a routine (don't move the toy box, he'll have a fit), but is this just crazy? :confused:

I recently noticed that every night, beginning about 8:00 pm, Dudley starts carrying on. Barking, whining, crying...I take him out, he gets a treat, I rub his legs, scratch his back...nothing stops him. The whining just continues. He'll lay under the coffee table or next to the chair I'm in and just whine softly. I find this very upsetting. :cry:

Then, about 8:30...he starts running around, picking up one toy after another, drops them and moves on...he's possessed. And then suddenly, he'll go into a certain corner, lay down on the floor and the next thing I know he's snoring loudly. Sound asleep --typically it's about 9:00 pm! I get the distinct impression he really would like me to turn out the lights and go upstairs so he can sleep in peace! He is 2 1/2. He typically doesn't sleep in his crate anymore at night, but I keep it up and open because he does like to take naps in it during the afternoon. Does anyone else experience anything like this...or is my bully just a little crazy? Cute...but crazy?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes, we call it the bewitching hour, their last burst of energy before bed time. :) It gets better the older they get.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Sebastian has his smaller crate on top of one of the larger crates. 482746_10200782104053614_674357499_n.jpg You can see it above Remy and Oliver's sleeping smooshy faces in this picture. Anyway, when it gets to be about 10:00 at night, he will go sit in front of Remy's crate (the bottom one) and look up at his crate. I guess it's time to go to bed now LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it is a Bully thing.... Nitshcke was so like this every night right around 10 - if I was not in bed he'd whine till we were in bed. Now Banks is starting it... she sits and stares at me and will start barking - if we are not in bed by 9:30

OP
DudleysMom

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Thanks everyone! I thought I had a strange dog!! I had dogs all of my life and never had one quite like Dudley! My boyfriend Scott always says, "he's the Dudliest!" I appreciate hearing about your bullies' routines...at least I kow there isn't anything wrong with him. I love this forum!:D

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yep. Harlea goes nuts between 8 and 9pm every night and when she is done she is out until morning.

samantha2011

Jan 15, 2013
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
samantha and brodie
Samatha's routine is the same, Brodie's routine is waking up at midnight to have his own time with me

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh they are so creatures of habit even if its getting up and going to bed. sarah will start up about 830 or 9 with going to the bedroom door and going in and standing by the bed if i go to the bathroom. she will lay in there till i come to bed or if i dont come in a while she will come and get me. if i get up in the morning and my bf stays in bed which is not the norm as he goes to work before me then she will come to me and want to be rubbed then she will go lay in there with him a while then back in here then in there till he gets up. :yes:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki is the same way he runs around every night and picks up his toys. He grabs one and bring it bed with him. It is amazing how scheduled they are and stay even if we fall behind! Loki is demanding food at 8:45 every night

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online