To the beach, or not?!

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I'm feeling like a bad mom this morning. We were supposed to go to San Diego next week. But, in true form, the hubby's exwife decided that she and the kids were going to change their flights and go back to Illinois early. Their daughter misses her cats. Never mind that we made these arrangements in May to see the kids. Never mind the pending court case we have for visitation rights. Anyway, I'll save my rants. My husband is leaving today to go to California early so he can see his kids ,and I can't go because I can't get off work last minute. I'm so annoyed. Now I am faced with do I let my pup go to the beach with dad or does she stay home with mom. I'll be a nervous wreck if she goes. If she stays, she'll have to be crated for my long *ss day at work tomorrow (12 hours) which has never happened before.... I can't help that I want her to stay. I'm already sad that the trip that I've looked forward to all summer just got squashed because of his ex. Now I have to make the choice of worrying non-stop or keeping my sweety crated. It's not like dad wouldn't take good care, it's just not the same as mom being there. Am I being silly? Any quick advice would be good. He'll be leaving soon.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
You are not being silly, you have every right in the world to care about your baby! I'm sry the trip got squashed..Ex's sadly are good for that sometimes..or at least my hubby ex is. Lol would it help to know that your bully would have a fantastic time at the beach? Maybe he could stay in touch w you..take pics, text etc so you would know exactly what she is doing? If you have any doubts as to how she will be cared for then keep her, but if you trust your hubby (which it sounds like you do) ..then maybe think about what might be best for Lady G. Whether that is the crate or the beach is up to you..if she would fair better in the crate at home then so be it. But...if she would have a great time t the beach? Why not let her go. She will be home before you know it w lots of hugs n kisses for you. Unless of course you call in sick or take the time off to go with hubby?

OP
Tkelley

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You are not being silly, you have every right in the world to care about your baby! I'm sry the trip got squashed..Ex's sadly are good for that sometimes..or at least my hubby ex is. Lol would it help to know that your bully would have a fantastic time at the beach? Maybe he could stay in touch w you..take pics, text etc so you would know exactly what she is doing? If you have any doubts as to how she will be cared for then keep her, but if you trust your hubby (which it sounds like you do) ..then maybe think about what might be best for Lady G. Whether that is the crate or the beach is up to you..if she would fair better in the crate at home then so be it. But...if she would have a great time t the beach? Why not let her go. She will be home before you know it w lots of hugs n kisses for you. Unless of course you call in sick or take the time off to go with hubby?
Thank you! I've decided to let her go. It will be better for her to have fun and get to enjoy the beach and the kids. I do worry, but I think part of that is my selfishness in wanting someone to stay home with me. I can't justify keeping her crated for 9 hours today and 12 hours tomorrow. Usually she's in the crate 3 hours tops and only a few days a week. It's so last minute and I can't make arrangements for someone to come let her out to play and potty. The only people I would trust are out of town this weekend too. Sometimes I just need to hear a voice of reason :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
We all do! I would have been worried too, I trust my hubby w my life, but there is a part of me that feels like no one can take care if my son or my bully the way I can..n that doesn't always mean I would be better at it than him on any given day. You will be ok, just try to stay busy n know your bully will miss you n have lots of un n sand stories when she returns! Which you will need to post so we can hear bout it too! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She'd be staying home with me... I'm selfish that way :) Otherwise, call out sick and go with hubby

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Do you have a doggy day care you trust? You could give your baby a play day out while you work and then have her all to yourself when you arent working. ;)

OP
Tkelley

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I wish calling in was an option, but I was asked to hold a meeting today (a first at this job) so I will do the right thing. The hubby and pup left a little bit ago. I know she's in good hands. To add to my worries, I decided I need a mental health break- so I'm going to Cincinnati next week to spend time with my family. So little Guinevere gets a whole week of dad time. I've never been away from her since she came home to us. This should be an interesting week!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm feeling like a bad mom this morning. We were supposed to go to San Diego next week. But, in true form, the hubby's exwife decided that she and the kids were going to change their flights and go back to Illinois early. Their daughter misses her cats. Never mind that we made these arrangements in May to see the kids. Never mind the pending court case we have for visitation rights. Anyway, I'll save my rants. My husband is leaving today to go to California early so he can see his kids ,and I can't go because I can't get off work last minute. I'm so annoyed. Now I am faced with do I let my pup go to the beach with dad or does she stay home with mom. I'll be a nervous wreck if she goes. If she stays, she'll have to be crated for my long *ss day at work tomorrow (12 hours) which has never happened before.... I can't help that I want her to stay. I'm already sad that the trip that I've looked forward to all summer just got squashed because of his ex. Now I have to make the choice of worrying non-stop or keeping my sweety crated. It's not like dad wouldn't take good care, it's just not the same as mom being there. Am I being silly? Any quick advice would be good. He'll be leaving soon.

Their daughter misses her cats. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eeeew::eeeew::eeeew::eeeew::eeeew::eeeew:

I don't know if I could live a day away from Buster. You're a stronger person then me.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie

I don't know if I could live a day away from Buster. You're a stronger person then me.

So..why don't you let us know how you really feel... LOL

OP
Tkelley

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

lol I agree! Not only are they cats, but she (the mom) only cut the trip short on the days we were supposed to have the kids.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I feel for you. I hope the custody agreement comes through soon so the ex doesn't have all of the control. It was probably a wise move to let Lady G go with your husband because the kids will fall in love with her and forget about the stupid cats.

OP
Tkelley

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I feel for you. I hope the custody agreement comes through soon so the ex doesn't have all of the control. It was probably a wise move to let Lady G go with your husband because the kids will fall in love with her and forget about the stupid cats.
They already love her, but it's been seven months since they've seen her. I wish I could see their faces when they see how big she is now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.