Winston whines when you pick him up

Caldy315

Apr 16, 2013
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston is 15 weeks tomorrow. The last day or so he'a been screeching/whining like he's in pain when I pick him up. He normally doesn't do this. Yesterday he got three shots all the last ones and I had them give him a Benadryl shot as well. Anyone have this happen before?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
If it started after his shots..I bet he hurts where the vaccinations are. Try keeping him quiet as you can for a couple days. A cool compress on the vaccination area will help too.Im thinking we ould hurt too if we got 4 shots!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Winston is 15 weeks tomorrow. The last day or so he'a been screeching/whining like he's in pain when I pick him up. He normally doesn't do this. Yesterday he got three shots all the last ones and I had them give him a Benadryl shot as well. Anyone have this happen before?

Ouch! You can give him BUFFERED ASPIRIN 5mg per l lb. every 12 hours. NOT Tylenol or Ibuprofen. As long as he does not have a clotting problem or having surgery in the next week.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
If it started after his shots..I bet he hurts where the vaccinations are. Try keeping him quiet as you can for a couple days. A cool compress on the vaccination area will help too.Im thinking we ould hurt too if we got 4 shots!

I have to get 3 shots a week myself for allergies so I can relate to their pain. lol

OP
Caldy315

Caldy315

Apr 16, 2013
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
The only thing is they gave him the shots in the back by the shoulder blades. He cries if you pick him up by the stomach area. It's only ever happened one other time, where I let him out of his crate in the morning he came wagging out. I started petting him and he screeched and cried and went into his cage for a little while sat down and continued to screech for a few seconds. After that he came out and was fine, ate normal and did t have any problems.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Winston is so adorable I'm not help here but you have gotten great advice so far. Ummm but I have a question what is "buffered aspirin" is it something I should add to my growing list of things for my bully kit?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Winston is so adorable I'm not help here but you have gotten great advice so far. Ummm but I have a question what is "buffered aspirin" is it something I should add to my growing list of things for my bully kit?

Baby aspirin or something like Bayer I believe?

As for the screeching... Sounds like there is something else that could be wrong... You may want to visit the vet to put your mind at ease.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Thank you Lisa I keep baby aspirin on hand for my kids.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Do bullies have issues being picked up as they get older? I read somewhere n I'll like to know if it is true or not..that it hurts them cos of their body make up?

I know after Brie to shots, it was sore but she didn't screech when being picked up..I agree w going to he vet to make sure all is ok.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lol I'm not sure if it hurts them per say [MENTION=9236]Lisabear123[/MENTION] but lets face it, it's not exactly easy to do with finesse!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'd be visiting or calling the vet... not sure what it could be, but I would wnat to know

OP
Caldy315

Caldy315

Apr 16, 2013
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Sad part is we were just at the vet the day before it started. The only other thing I could think of is that he jumps at the door handle full out and maybe bruised the underside of his ribs. Regardless ill see how he is today after work and then call if need be.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have to get 3 shots a week myself for allergies so I can relate to their pain. lol

I've been getting allergy shots for 2 years now too!!! Finally down to once a month, but I was getting 3 shots twice a week at first!!! Ugh... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey

Buffered aspirin is aspirin that has a little bit of antacid in it to help keep it from upsetting your dogs stomach like regular aspirin can.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.