Shot in the Dark

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
About a month ago or a little more I was on petfinder and found this little English Bulldog named Birdie. Birdie was at Miami County Animal Shelter in Troy, OH. She's a medium size, female that is white and brindle. She was picked up as a stray and was not claimed by her owner. I called about her and they said she wasn't up for adoption yet because she was chipped and trying to get in touch with the owner and I should call back in a few days. They told me she was in bad shape and had urine burns all over her. I told them I would call back. Well, I contacted Indiana Bulldog Rescue hoping they could maybe help this little girl. In her description petfinder said she was a sweet girl, but in very poor condition, she is thin, filthy and stained - like she has been caged and laying in her own urine and feces. I called the shelter a few days later and asked them was she still available. They said No, someone came and picked her up that wasn't her owner. I was SO HAPPY that this sweet little girl did not go back to the horrible place she came from. I have had a photo of Birdie on my desk since the day I saw her on petfinder and I just can't get her off my mind. I'm hoping for a better life somewhere for her and I just want to know how she is doing. My wish is that someone on here will see this post and know something about her.

I am STILL on the hunt for Birdie. Here is an email I just received from Indiana Bulldog Rescue about her: "Jennie,

I too remember Miss Birdie. IBR did not pull her from the shelter. I did call but was told another rescue had made arrangements to pull her into their rescue. I know both Rescue Ohio English Bulldogs and Detroit Bulldog Rescue pull from that region as well. I can not remember who they said had made arrangements for her. I would have loved to help her but both of these rescues are great and would have taken great care of Miss Birdie". So...The Search Continues......

Last edited:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I don't know anything about her but you are just ace for caring about her. I truly hope she has found a great home worthy of her sweet bully self!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Awe I hope she is in her forever home being pampered. Could the vet not tell you who adopted her so you could contact them directly to see how she is doing?

SMeyer13

Jun 13, 2013
South Carolina
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I'm glad someone was able to provide a home for her. I live in Troy and check the shelter's website from time to time and had seen Birdie. I wish I was in a position to help, but I'm moving at the end of the month and one EB puppy is going to be a handful as is. My vet's office loves to talk about the different Bulldogs that get brought in. If it was a local adoption there is a good chance that she will go through the Troy Animal Hospital, as they are one of the best vet offices in the area. If you want to keep an eye out, Troy Animal Hospital's facebook page puts up photos of many of their patients, she may appear on there.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You are a wonderful soul to be concerned about Birdie. I hope she's in loving, warm hands. I have a good feeling that she must be in order for the shelter to have released her to a new family, at least that's my hope too.

NolaJane67

Jul 6, 2013
Central Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Nola Jane & Nash
Awwe, please let us know of you find Birdie!!! We'd love to hear the outcome of her wonderful story, Bless you for caring so much!!
Bullie prayer being sent to Birdie from Nola & Nash

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I will. I hope I find her too!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm glad someone was able to provide a home for her. I live in Troy and check the shelter's website from time to time and had seen Birdie. I wish I was in a position to help, but I'm moving at the end of the month and one EB puppy is going to be a handful as is. My vet's office loves to talk about the different Bulldogs that get brought in. If it was a local adoption there is a good chance that she will go through the Troy Animal Hospital, as they are one of the best vet offices in the area. If you want to keep an eye out, Troy Animal Hospital's facebook page puts up photos of many of their patients, she may appear on there.
That's awesome information. I will definitely give them a call and Facebook stalk them.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe I hope she is in her forever home being pampered. Could the vet not tell you who adopted her so you could contact them directly to see how she is doing?
The shelter was very vague with me. They only said someone from Indiana came to get her. I hope she's in her home too being pampered.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great post.... so hope we can locate her for you and get the happy ending

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Aww Has she been on there for awhile? Im pretty sure I may have seen her on there. Poor baby! Ill keep my ears open... It would be awesome to be able to come across her and her new owner.. Youre such a sweet caring person :)

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online