Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need an intervention, two baby bulldogs at once?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinnamon and Pepper
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I need an intervention, two baby bulldogs at once?

I would say go for it. We got our two bullies at the same time. I wanted two so they would have someone to play with during the day and run around the back yard with. We got sisters from the same littler and it has worked out great so far, no fighting or any bad behavior between them. The onyl draw backs i would say to having two is twice the amount of butts to wipe when they come in from potty breaks. Every other "draw back" so far I would consider a blessing since even the bad stuff is usually pretty entertaining with these dogs.
    Last edited by ltpyro; 07-24-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Good luck, whatever you decide. P.S. - If I could talk my husband into to it, Otis would have a sibling also.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I love the title of this thread. An intervention.... Well you are obviously not going to get that here!

They are both adorable!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

My goodness they are so dang cute how could you pick just one?!! Lol I had 2 bully's (Mom & Baby) and they got along fine... Keep us posted ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kymberly View Post
    That's our logic too. If we go into it expecting it to be so simple, then first of all we're really crazy, but how could any con outweigh all the pros in this scenario?! We had a really good month with our jobs last month, so ironically, the money is there and it was unexpected. At this point, it's going to be up to our breeders cause we're asking for a two-fer type deal, not a huge break, but a small one. I would just LOVE to keep them together, and they'd really have one another to play with for the times we are gone at work, etc. Here are a couple pictures of the two of them.

Attachment 49398Attachment 49399Attachment 49400Attachment 49401

OMG... they are both beauties!!! if you want two... litter mates and opposite sex is the best way to go. if you are prepared for two of everything, good and bad -- BEST OF LUCK!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Kymberly & Andrew
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porter and Gracie Mae
    Likes (Received)

Y'all are just amazing! Period and the end. My husband read all of the posts last night when we were getting ready for bed, and he was cracking up. We're just in love with both of those pups and have to have them both. I can't wait. These next couple of weeks are going to feel like an eternity, especially since we've been waiting since MARCH! I just can't believe that I've made it.

I love the Petunia name suggestion. If I wasn't totally afraid of being banned from the site for being such a goofball, I would share the full story! Lol. Let me sum it up with just mentioning I'm a pretty random girl, I like to have fun doing whatever I do, and I can't handle people with a stick in their rear. One day for absolutely no apparent reason, I started calling my husband "Petunia." I have no idea where I got it from, but it's half way stuck. (Among the many other names I have for him! All good.) I couldn't make this stuff up. When I told him that a couple of you had mentioned Petunia, he was like "I know you're on there, but do you tell them everything, do they know the joke behind it, or is it really that random!?" I about died. I love the name, but can't name our girl that when he is occasionally called that. Ha!

We went through the name suggestions on here and like Lola and Gracie. I just think Gracie/Gracie Mae is too cute and could totally see a bulldog with that name. It would so suit her personality and appearance. I will have to report back when we make the official decision.

I'm so glad to hear that the two of them could really be okay in a crate together. We got the absolute biggest kennel when we bought it, it was on a ridiculous sale, and it has the divider. Of course we already have it sectioned off into a small area for Porter, but I didn't even think about possibly putting "her" in the other side. Duh! That will work for us until they get a little bigger. Thank you guys for all of your input and stories! I am so hopeful that with them being litter mates/brother and sister, it will help them not feel so alone and provide some tiny bit of comfort. I know we're going to love them up entirely too much, if it's possible, but I am relieved that they will have a friend along the way. I can't wait to see them play together and roll around. Ha!

Porter and Gracie... I really think I'm liking this more and more.

Thanks again y'all! Hope you're having a fabulous day and thanks for putting up with my long messages and sharing in our excitement!

Real Name
    Kymberly & Andrew
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porter and Gracie Mae
    Likes (Received)

I just creeped most of your pages for pictures of your bullies, can I say cuteness overload? You are all so blessed to have such good looking animals and companions!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads