Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Lol I know there are so many great flavors!! Have you tried any yet??

we just started switching her from the Fromm puppy golf to pork n applesauce. We found pork n peas and beef frittata so we have those too. I figure when she finishes the pork n applesauce that we would try one if the others n see what she does the best with? I know there are a bunch if other flavors too..I would be great to let her have them all LOL

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Lol I know there are so many great flavors!! Have you tried any yet??
[MENTION=3652]Lauren31287[/MENTION], what I really like about the Fromm's food, is you can switch between the 4 star foods without having to worry about the upset tummy, Thats the significant discovery that I've read about. My boys are eating Blue Buffalu Wilderness Salmen, and even though it's a great food, I hate feeding them the same thing, Day in and Day out, the same flavor, I really like the idea Fromm's come up with, even though the food my boys eat is rated the same, it's not the variety of Fromm's. Those guys over at Fromm's really got it going on research wise, and through variety and nutrients, I don't care who you are, you really have to respect their research and development, Really makes sense to every pet owner. :2thumbs:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Awesome news!! So happy for you because I know the struggle of finding a food that works and I'm so happy for Winston that he is doing so well on it! We switched from the Salmon Tunalini to the Pork and Peas a few months ago and all 3 of mine are doing amazing on it! Gio's face has never been so white and all 3 of their wrinkles have never been so clean! I will still once in awhile get them a new flavor for a variety but Pork and Peas will be their regular food now. :)

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
The yeast issue may be caused by an ingredient (not necessarily the first two named) that is in another Fromm flavor. Some bullies may be able to switch food with no problem but very few can. If you have found something that works stick with it. Yeast is incredibly hard to get rid of and I applaud you for finding something that works. If you want to give your dog variety. Put homemade toppers on the food. Fruits and veggies. Ask others what grain free treats/toppers they give their dogs.

Yeast infections in dogs break down their immune systems making them more susceptible to ear infections, skin infections, allergies, food allergies, joint pain, stomach problems, fatigue, bad breath, eye problems, rashes, hot spots and a whole lot more.

You are on the right track for your bully stick with it and great bully mom!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, so happy he is doing well on it. We have our babies on it too, and they are doing well.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
we just started switching her from the Fromm puppy golf to pork n applesauce. We found pork n peas and beef frittata so we have those too. I figure when she finishes the pork n applesauce that we would try one if the others n see what she does the best with? I know there are a bunch if other flavors too..I would be great to let her have them all LOL

LOL! I am sure out of the three of them you will find one that works wonderful for her!! I am sure she loves them all lol!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
@Lauren31287, what I really like about the Fromm's food, is you can switch between the 4 star foods without having to worry about the upset tummy, Thats the significant discovery that I've read about. My boys are eating Blue Buffalu Wilderness Salmen, and even though it's a great food, I hate feeding them the same thing, Day in and Day out, the same flavor, I really like the idea Fromm's come up with, even though the food my boys eat is rated the same, it's not the variety of Fromm's. Those guys over at Fromm's really got it going on research wise, and through variety and nutrients, I don't care who you are, you really have to respect their research and development, Really makes sense to every pet owner. :2thumbs:

I absolutely agree with you!! It is very nice to know that you can add some variety to their food without having to worry about them getting sick! This was one of the things I love about Fromm because my Winston does get sick of the same thing pretty easily! So once his yeast is completely under control we may try a diff flavor for him!!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Awesome news!! So happy for you because I know the struggle of finding a food that works and I'm so happy for Winston that he is doing so well on it! We switched from the Salmon Tunalini to the Pork and Peas a few months ago and all 3 of mine are doing amazing on it! Gio's face has never been so white and all 3 of their wrinkles have never been so clean! I will still once in awhile get them a new flavor for a variety but Pork and Peas will be their regular food now. :)

Thank you! I am so glad yours are doing well on it too!! It really is a great food! I never thought I would see Winston's face so white! :)

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
The yeast issue may be caused by an ingredient (not necessarily the first two named) that is in another Fromm flavor. Some bullies may be able to switch food with no problem but very few can. If you have found something that works stick with it. Yeast is incredibly hard to get rid of and I applaud you for finding something that works. If you want to give your dog variety. Put homemade toppers on the food. Fruits and veggies. Ask others what grain free treats/toppers they give their dogs.

Yeast infections in dogs break down their immune systems making them more susceptible to ear infections, skin infections, allergies, food allergies, joint pain, stomach problems, fatigue, bad breath, eye problems, rashes, hot spots and a whole lot more.

You are on the right track for your bully stick with it and great bully mom!

Thank you for all of the information & the kind words!! I really appreciate it! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, so happy he is doing well on it. We have our babies on it too, and they are doing well.

Thank you!! That is great that they are doing well on it also! :D

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
LOL! I am sure out of the three of them you will find one that works wonderful for her!! I am sure she loves them all lol!

Lol yes, if she can eat it..she loves it! I'm thinking we will end up w one of the grain free ones as her permanent choice.

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So Winston has been on Fromm Pork & Peas for a solid 2 weeks now and I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in his yeast!!!!!!!! The past couple of days I have went to wipe his wrinkles out like I do every morning and absolutely NOTHING was on the baby wipe. His tail pocket still has it a little bit but nothing like it was. I think we may have finally found it! It has only been 2 weeks so I am very excited to see where we are in another 2 weeks when we hit that month mark of the old food being out of his system!! I swear this stuff is like a miracle food, plus he absolutely loves it & no more fighting to get him to eat! :D!!! Just look at that white face!!!!
View attachment 49313

What a handsome lil guy!! I just started Tank on the Pork & peas, still transferring over with a mix of his old surf & turf, can't wait to have him fully on pork & peas and get the same results u have!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
What a handsome lil guy!! I just started Tank on the Pork & peas, still transferring over with a mix of his old surf & turf, can't wait to have him fully on pork & peas and get the same results u have!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thank you!! :) Good luck with the switch!! I hope it works for you too!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So glad the food is working, may have to try that for my Winston. Oh my goodness that face... So dang cute ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.