Thread: I think I found it!

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I think I found it!

Great news! So nice to hear when a bully makes such a great improvement. I would stick with what is working for now. Wait 6 months to a year before changing her food again. Yeast is nasty it can hide for a long time. Let her system get really strong and healthy after it has been beaten down with yeast. Then switch between the Fromm flavors.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    Great news! Look at that gorgeous face! You just wanna kiss it!
    !!

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    It really is amazing how what is perfect for one isn't for another. We tried the pork and peas too. But we are going back to beef frittata. HRH just isn't doing as well on it. She does well on the BF, but we thought we should try to find another that she did good on because of people saying we should switch out the proteins. So far though everything else we have tried just doesn't cut it for her.
    I agree with you it is so interesting how they all do well on so many different things. I am sorry Pork & Peas didnt work out for HRH but glad the BF works well for her!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    OMG!! That's FANTASTIC!! Best news ever. He looks so AWESOME!!!!
    Thank you!!!

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    AWESOME.... I switched Banks about two maybe three months ago to the Pork and Peas.... Yeast issues are almost non-existant. Still a little in her back paws but face and tail are clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Great to hear!!! I am so glad she is doing well on it too!! I can't wait to see how much more Winston improves! It is just amazing how much food can change everything!

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

So, just out of curiosity..if they do well w any Fromm flavors is it good to switch meals for variety and nutrition? Say, give her beef frittata one meal, pork n peas or another flavor for another meal? Or s switching flavors purely for variety?
    I would agree with everyone else! I think it is just for variety! If you find one that works great for her I would stick with it for a while and maybe in a few months when you know she is doing well on it try a diff flavor and see what happens because as I am sure you have seen on here just because they do well on one Fromm Flavor doesn't mean they will do well on others! Good luck in finding the perfect food!!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    I would agree with everyone else! I think it is just for variety! If you find one that works great for her I would stick with it for a while and maybe in a few months when you know she is doing well on it try a diff flavor and see what happens because as I am sure you have seen on here just because they do well on one Fromm Flavor doesn't mean they will do well on others! Good luck in finding the perfect food!!
    thank you! We def want to stick w Fromm, so it is just a matter of which one. Lol

Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

thank you! We def want to stick w Fromm, so it is just a matter of which one. Lol
    Lol I know there are so many great flavors!! Have you tried any yet??

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

we just started switching her from the Fromm puppy golf to pork n applesauce. We found pork n peas and beef frittata so we have those too. I figure when she finishes the pork n applesauce that we would try one if the others n see what she does the best with? I know there are a bunch if other flavors too..I would be great to let her have them all LOL

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

@Lauren31287, what I really like about the Fromm's food, is you can switch between the 4 star foods without having to worry about the upset tummy, Thats the significant discovery that I've read about. My boys are eating Blue Buffalu Wilderness Salmen, and even though it's a great food, I hate feeding them the same thing, Day in and Day out, the same flavor, I really like the idea Fromm's come up with, even though the food my boys eat is rated the same, it's not the variety of Fromm's. Those guys over at Fromm's really got it going on research wise, and through variety and nutrients, I don't care who you are, you really have to respect their research and development, Really makes sense to every pet owner.

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awesome news!! So happy for you because I know the struggle of finding a food that works and I'm so happy for Winston that he is doing so well on it! We switched from the Salmon Tunalini to the Pork and Peas a few months ago and all 3 of mine are doing amazing on it! Gio's face has never been so white and all 3 of their wrinkles have never been so clean! I will still once in awhile get them a new flavor for a variety but Pork and Peas will be their regular food now.
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

The yeast issue may be caused by an ingredient (not necessarily the first two named) that is in another Fromm flavor. Some bullies may be able to switch food with no problem but very few can. If you have found something that works stick with it. Yeast is incredibly hard to get rid of and I applaud you for finding something that works. If you want to give your dog variety. Put homemade toppers on the food. Fruits and veggies. Ask others what grain free treats/toppers they give their dogs.

Yeast infections in dogs break down their immune systems making them more susceptible to ear infections, skin infections, allergies, food allergies, joint pain, stomach problems, fatigue, bad breath, eye problems, rashes, hot spots and a whole lot more.

You are on the right track for your bully stick with it and great bully mom!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Cool, so happy he is doing well on it. We have our babies on it too, and they are doing well.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads