Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 46

Thread: I think I found it!

  1. #13
    Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    882
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    So Winston has been on Fromm Pork & Peas for a solid 2 weeks now and I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in his yeast!!!!!!!! The past couple of days I have went to wipe his wrinkles out like I do every morning and absolutely NOTHING was on the baby wipe. His tail pocket still has it a little bit but nothing like it was. I think we may have finally found it! It has only been 2 weeks so I am very excited to see where we are in another 2 weeks when we hit that month mark of the old food being out of his system!! I swear this stuff is like a miracle food, plus he absolutely loves it & no more fighting to get him to eat! !!! Just look at that white face!!!!
    Attachment 49313


    OMG it's like you knew my plight. I'm definitely trying to find this food; it's just not very available in my area!

    We're on Nature's variety instinct lamb limited diet - I just don't know how more we can "limit" his food and see where his allergies are. Chicken, beef, and salmon are all no goes!

    Thanks for sharing this. Seriously.



  2. #14
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    OMG it's like you knew my plight. I'm definitely trying to find this food; it's just not very available in my area!

    We're on Nature's variety instinct lamb limited diet - I just don't know how more we can "limit" his food and see where his allergies are. Chicken, beef, and salmon are all no goes!

    Thanks for sharing this. Seriously.
    Too funny! I actually order Winston's online because even though Fromm is available in one of the stores here the Pork & Peas flavor is not. I get it from an RI based company called doggiefood.com but I know petflow also carries it! That is the food Winston was on and he did great on it for about a year and then boom out of no where he was just a mess. We switched between every flavor possible within NVI but nothing was working so after Pork & Peas came out I decided to just go for it. I am sooo happy I did! Good luck with Remi!! I hope it works for him too!!

  3. #15
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleym View Post
    Glad Winston is doing great on Pork and Pea Thats what I have my boys on and they are also doing great on it. Winston sure is a looker
    Thank you so much!! Glad to hear yours are doing great on it also!

  4. #16
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    Great news! Look at that gorgeous face! You just wanna kiss it!

  5. #17
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    Great news! Look at that gorgeous face! You just wanna kiss it!
    Thank you!! I kiss that face all the time!! lol.

  6. #18
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    Thank you!! I kiss that face all the time!! lol.
    I don't blame you! Lol

  7. #19
    ..........
    Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    It really is amazing how what is perfect for one isn't for another. We tried the pork and peas too. But we are going back to beef frittata. HRH just isn't doing as well on it. She does well on the BF, but we thought we should try to find another that she did good on because of people saying we should switch out the proteins. So far though everything else we have tried just doesn't cut it for her.

  8. #20
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    So Winston has been on Fromm Pork & Peas for a solid 2 weeks now and I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in his yeast!!!!!!!! The past couple of days I have went to wipe his wrinkles out like I do every morning and absolutely NOTHING was on the baby wipe. His tail pocket still has it a little bit but nothing like it was. I think we may have finally found it! It has only been 2 weeks so I am very excited to see where we are in another 2 weeks when we hit that month mark of the old food being out of his system!! I swear this stuff is like a miracle food, plus he absolutely loves it & no more fighting to get him to eat! !!! Just look at that white face!!!!
    Attachment 49313

    OMG!! That's FANTASTIC!! Best news ever. He looks so AWESOME!!!!

  9. #21
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,125
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11468

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    AWESOME.... I switched Banks about two maybe three months ago to the Pork and Peas.... Yeast issues are almost non-existant. Still a little in her back paws but face and tail are clear


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  10. #22
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    So, just out of curiosity..if they do well w any Fromm flavors is it good to switch meals for variety and nutrition? Say, give her beef frittata one meal, pork n peas or another flavor for another meal? Or s switching flavors purely for variety?

  11. #23
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    So, just out of curiosity..if they do well w any Fromm flavors is it good to switch meals for variety and nutrition? Say, give her beef frittata one meal, pork n peas or another flavor for another meal? Or s switching flavors purely for variety?
    It's more for variety really .. I have heard it said that if you stick to just one protein source that they can develop an allergy to it but I've never heard anybody actually experience that!!

  12. #24
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: I think I found it!

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    It's more for variety really .. I have heard it said that if you stick to just one protein source that they can develop an allergy to it but I've never heard anybody actually experience that!!
    I would think that each flavor would have a good amount of nutrients, protein etc needed. I would like to give Brie a yummy variety if she would benefit from it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •