Thought this would be interesting to know who changed their bullies names after they got them?

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
When we got Mr.Beefy his name was Bruitus....To us it was not fitting for him . So the minute we got home my 3year old said "mom he looks kinda Beefy...." I laughed and then we dubbed him "Mr.Beefy". I couldnt have called him any other name that would fit his personality and look any better.To us he was always a Mr.Beefy..he just didnt know it yet. Did anyone else rename their bullies after they got them?:bully::heart:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We adopted Vegas at 4 month's out of Tampa, his name was Deisel, which I liked, BUT...since he was my wedding gift (got married last Sept. adopted him in Oct. and we eloped to Vegas) I KNEW his name was going to be Vegas, my husband was worried that he was 4 months and would not adjust to a new name, but he did quickly, On our plan ride home Joe ask me what I wanted for a "wedding present" and I of course said a Bulldog!!! within 3 weeks I had him, and he is the :heart: of my life!!

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Thats so cute!!! I think he is a Vegas for sure....Beefy wouldnt acknowledge Bruitus but he came right to Mr.Beefy...kinda strange

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
that is funny how they react to a certain name. we named lex when he was 5 weeks old and it jsut stayed :cool:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Bear's litter name was Slug. I was thinking of like a bullet but my husband was like uhm no a slug is a slug, lol. So we were batting around names and the hubby was holding his ears back and he looked like a polar bear, so I was like, what about Bear. That was that.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
When we got Bella, we couldn't decide on a name for almost a week. I wanted Lilly, The kids wanted Roxy and finally we came to a name that we both agreed on. I said Isabella and call her Izzy, but they said to call her Bella, so we did. Some day I will have my Lilly.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas's litter name was Doc. His breeder named the pups after the 7 dwarfs. We had been pushing around names...I wanted Capone...Mark wanted Maximus (Gladiator!) So, we turned to a 3rd party who suggested Vegas. I was excited. The bulldog I wanted to name him after lived in Vegas. (Capone died at 3 years old of cancer, so if I couldn't name him Capone...I would name him after the city he lived his life in) We played with the idea of naming him Doc Vegas (a play on Doc Hollywood) but...that didn't last long.

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Layla was once "Chloe". I wanted her to have a new name to start her "new life" with us. I sat down with her and started saying the names I liked. She responded to Layla right away. So she actually picked her new name. :D

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Great topic!

Bentley's name was always Bentley...his breeder named him and he just looked like a Bentley and his stuck.

Linus' original name was Adio...after a skate shoe, I don't know why but I didn't know how to say it and I didn't like it. Since I love Peanuts, I wanted to name him either Schroeder or Linus and he definitely looked like a Linus.

Truman's original name was JoJo. That was definitely not sticking around either but I really struggled with a name for him. I wanted to do Schroeder (in keeping with the Peanuts theme) but it just didn't fit. I picked Truman within about 10 minutes of when he came home...just popped in there. He looked like a Truman. Or Baby T, as it were...thanks to [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] :p

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Wow its so cool to see how everyone picked their Bully names.... I think we all matched their personalities

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie's registered name is Dana's Gracie Girl. We ammended it to Princess Gracie........ just seems to fit her attitude.. ;)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson didn't have a name when I first got him. I REALLY want him to be Brutus but I was shot down repeatedly for that one. Then we batted around Cash and Samson but Samson fit the best.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Samson didn't have a name when I first got him. I REALLY want him to be Brutus but I was shot down repeatedly for that one. Then we batted around Cash and Samson but Samson fit the best.

I wanted Brutus for a while too but then I realized "Linus" and "Brutus" probably sound really similar to the canine ear so I ruled it out! I had forgotten about that one!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie was always Maggie ... we named her as soon as we got her home.

Daddy was named "Chunkalunk" at the rescue place ...... and NOBODY wanted to keep that name. He was named Daddy because we always liked that name since watching Cesar Milans Daddy - his pitbull from The Dog Whisperer!!

Daddy and Maggie sometimes sound the same when we shout it though!! :crazy: So we are having to say the names in a different way/tone ... but seeing as neither of them actually come when they're called and both wait until it suits them then I guess how their name is said makes no difference!! Typical stubborn :bully:-tude!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.