life jacket's for English Bull Dogs?

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Hey Bullie Friends!
I am looking at purchasing a life jackets for the Uni and Boaide after our mishap at the river last week. Uni bounded into a deep spot and she went down, it was scary. :eek: Felt like I couldn't get to her fast enough, even thou I was only a few steps away, moving thorough the water feels like slow motion. She was fine, got water in here ears and swallowed some too, we were both shaken up a bit too. Well as I was saving her, same thing happened to Boadie, luckily my friend was there to pluck him out of the deep water. He was ok too, but I thought he was the good swimmer. Just goes to show you how quick our bullies can get into trouble in the water. Now that they are both mostly grown, I suppose it's time to get them life jackets.

I was wondering what brand and size of life jacket do all of you use for your bully?

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
Ramsay uses a "Outward Hound" lifejacket - size medium for 20-50lbs. We got ours from a friend, but I googled them and it looks like they're available at Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kyjen-Outward-Hound-Pet-Saver-Life-Jacket/14988471

Ramsay loves his!
1011063_10200681385471451_1402548520_n.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I cannot speak for everyone but I have used the Ruffwear K-9 float coat in the past for several of our dogs and will continue to use them with Harlea when she is big enough to wear one. They are a little on the expensive side but well worth it to me. If you would like the link I will gladly PM it to you.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
We got Aprils at petsmart it was on sale for around twenty bucks -it was wrapped where you could try it on her without tearing the package up IMG_20130629_245226_649.jpgIMG_20130629_245557_171.jpgit is top paw brand large 40 to 70 pounds -April is 50 lbs

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Good to find out where to buy a life jacket. I was going to buy Stinky one, but since he is still growing thought I would wait til next summer. We do a lot of fishing and would like Stinky to go with us in the boat.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
We use the outward hound life vest in med. but now it barely fits around his chest. Will have to upgrade to a large for next summer for our butterball.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I cannot speak for everyone but I have used the Ruffwear K-9 float coat in the past for several of our dogs and will continue to use them with Harlea when she is big enough to wear one. They are a little on the expensive side but well worth it to me. If you would like the link I will gladly PM it to you.

Ruffwear's is all I've used for 12 years. They last forever!!! Glad Uni survived. Emma and Wilson are not even allowed near the waterline without their jackets on for this very reason. Wilson doesn't really go in the water far but did you ever see the video where he fell in and went head first off a small ledge? He had his jacket on and had he not he would have been 8 or so feet under. That's quite a scare!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=3104]mendomama[/MENTION] [MENTION=9236]Lisabear123[/MENTION]

Outward Hound makes great life jackets and you can find them on Amazon ... I had to have mine same day, so I purchased mine from Petco and I've been very happy with them, both my dogs went into the deep water and the Petco brand lifejackets held them afloat and kept their heads above water with the strap that goes under their heads. My babies got to enjoy the water, actually swim like the other dogs and I was able to relax and enjoy their water play. I know of a good site that has lifejackets on sale, I will send you both a PM with the site name and address.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.